Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Doing a Toytec Coil Spacer AAL lift... wondering about vibration.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Doing a Toytec Coil Spacer AAL lift... wondering about vibration.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to have my Toytec 3" lift installed. I've done a lot of searching and reading on this topic so now I'm going to throw out a question of mine.

I have a 6-speed DC, with an Aero Turbine Muffler.

This muffler is very loud, and harmonically resonates the hell out of my truck. Doesn't bother me at all. I love it.

It's also a stick, so it shutters at lower RPM's.

I will soon be installing a new speaker system, which is also self explanatory.

So my question is... considering these three things... will the added vibration, and stiffer ride as a result of the 3" lift, be anything I haven't already experienced? Is it tolerable? Does anybody have video examples of what this is like?

I found a video on youtube of the driveline shudder from the axle wrap. It only reminds me of the noise I already hear when I shift low.

Are these problems more of a shock to automatic drivers... as opposed to manual?