Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Daystar 1" Coil Spacers = 2" Lift

Old 07-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
lucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud of

Army: 13 Fox, FO.  3rd AD, 7th ID, 10th Mtn, 25th ID
lucky's Tacoma Gallery
Daystar 1" Coil Spacers = 2" Lift

After getting the Leaf spring TSB 3 weeks ago, I decided I wanted the truck to be level again.
I read a number of threads about the actual lift a 1" spacer would provide, I had resigned to the fact it would only be 1".
I purchased the Daystar 1" kit from 4WheelParts in San Antonio - $44.

After about 3 hours of an install, I am pleased to announce the lift is 2". See before and after pics.

By the way - AutoZone offers a free tool loan program. Your deposit is the cost of the tool. Bring back tools, get all your money back. I picked up a spring compressor and ball joint tool, I already had everyhting else.
Attached Thumbnails
Daystar 1" Coil Spacers = 2" Lift-36.jpg   Daystar 1" Coil Spacers = 2" Lift-38.jpg   Daystar 1" Coil Spacers = 2" Lift-100_1384.jpg  
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Any spacer you put on the front will always be 1/2 the lift amount.
1" spacer = 2" lift
1/2" spacer = 1"

That's because the shock/coilover assembly is mounted in the middle of the A-arm (fulcrum - hard to explain).
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
After about 3 hours of an install, I am pleased to announce the lift is 2".

3 hours? give it 3 months... the springs will settle...

Old 03-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
canuck_tacoma will become famous soon enough
canuck_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the Daystar 1"lift, actually the 4 runner budget lift, which is the Tacoma 2.5 without the spring isolator. So I guess I should expect 2 inch's? A little annoying because I was going to go with the 5100's but decided, $700 wasn't worth the price (Canada) for a 1 inch lift. I will post my observations after it gets done.

It looks like the Pre-Runners sit higher, to begin with, than the 4X4's? My SR5 is sitting at 34.5 and his was at 36 before lift.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
KoolWipTacoma is on a distinguished road
KoolWipTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
I ordered the Daystar 1"lift, actually the 4 runner budget lift, which is the Tacoma 2.5 without the spring isolator. So I guess I should expect 2 inch's? A little annoying because I was going to go with the 5100's but decided, $700 wasn't worth the price (Canada) for a 1 inch lift. I will post my observations after it gets done.

It looks like the Pre-Runners sit higher, to begin with, than the 4X4's? My SR5 is sitting at 34.5 and his was at 36 before lift.
dont forget about tire size! You and him may be running different sizes to make yalls total hight different.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
markvfr is on a distinguished road
markvfr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post

I'm in Calgary and got the 5100's all around for $295US from Downsouth. My stockers were shot so I had to replace them anyways. Local stealers wanted like you said $700 for stock replacements!! Eff that. I got the 5100s and AALs for $75 and I got a 2inch lift out of it. Pretty much a free upgrade if you consider the cost of the stuff locally. Super happy with the 5100s. Amazing improvement over stock (shot) shocks. I put the front at the middle 1" setting but will move it up to the 2.5" setting this weekend.

Don't give up on the 5100's. If you need more info, drop me a PM.

Cheers,
M