Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best Lift Kit with Nicest Ride quality?

Old 07-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Best Lift Kit with Nicest Ride quality?

3" only please. I'm not made of money so I'd rather spend no more than 350 on the lift if possible.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
For $350.00 its gonna be a tough call between the Adjustable 5100 Bilstiens, or OME springs and shocks.
The Bilstiens are only 2.5"
Old 07-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
3" only please. I'm not made of money so I'd rather spend no more than 350 on the lift if possible.
your best bet would be to buy a toytec 3 inch lift!!! check them out here, then decide which one will be best for you........

http://www.toyteclifts.com/
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
your best bet would be to buy a toytec 3 inch lift!!! check them out here, then decide which one will be best for you........

http://www.toyteclifts.com/

And that is what I am asking.... Which one is best for me?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
And that is what I am asking.... Which one is best for me?
Ask yourself what you are looking to accomplish with the lift. Is it for looks? Better off road handling?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Let's assume for looks without diminishing any offroading capability. I'm interested to hear answers to this one. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
Let's assume for looks without diminishing any offroading capability. I'm interested to hear answers to this one. Thanks.
I would recomend the Bilstien 5100's or OME springs and shocks.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #8
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Toytec 3 inch with front springs, spacer, and rear add a leafs and am very happy.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
and if price wasn't a issue, what would be the best riding lift. This would be for looks on road only. Is there a lift that doesn't require constant realignment?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
wilky10 is on a distinguished road

wilky10's Tacoma Gallery
I just put on the toytec 3" lift and love it. It still ride good too. I haven't tryied it off road yet.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #12
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3" ToyTec with spacers and rear AALs. Ride if perfect for me, since I don't offroad much, but it will get me on some trails for camping if I need to. Cost is about $220. A spoke with a ToyTec rep and he said this is really the only thing I needed, and I have a doublecab. While their website mentioned that a doublecab should have 885 coils for the full 3" up front, he said that a spacer really is all I need. It keeps cost low and fulfills my needs.

It really is up to you what you want to do. I was really doing this for looks, bigger tires, and a small amount of offroading.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ask yourself what you are looking to accomplish with the lift. Is it for looks? Better off road handling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I would recomend the Bilstien 5100's or OME springs and shocks.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Read the stickies.
For cost AAL in the rear, Bilstien 5100 in the front. More than adequate on or off road. Here's another link. Cheapest I've found for the Bilstien's from Downsouth.

http://stores.ebay.com/Downsouth-Mot...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Thought I'd add that the 5100's in front only lift to 2.5" on the highest setting and some say this firms up the ride quite a bit. The 5100's on the rear, have no provision for lift themselves, are only recommended for 0-2" of lift. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #14
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
For 3" is it even necessary to get a rear lift? Wont the ass end pretty much level itself out and sit almost level? I went with a 2.5" front coilover and didnt get a rear because the front will only sit maybe .25" higher. If im wrong by all means correct me.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
For 3" is it even necessary to get a rear lift? Wont the ass end pretty much level itself out and sit almost level? I went with a 2.5" front coilover and didnt get a rear because the front will only sit maybe .25" higher. If im wrong by all means correct me.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...s-settled.html

Depends what you want. Rick set his 5100's at the full 2.5" and after the TSB settled didn't like the front high look. I only set mine at the .85" but gained a full 1" when installed and the rear is still 1.25" high after settling. That's the look I like. Janster's worked for her as is. Everybody gets different results with the Toyota TSB which is only an AAL. There are so many different options out there aftermarket, aal leafs or whole packs, and everyone gets different results from truck to truck.