Notices

Haha Four wheelparts!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
DirtLifeTaco will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
Name: Justin
DirtLifeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Haha Four wheelparts!

So I went to four-wheel parts to get a quote on some fox shocks and camburg parts the total came out to 6181.14 for for front and rear shocks lift spindles, extended brake lines, and the 1.25 uniballs! How ridiculous is that!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
they quoted me 3000 for lockright install in the rear

its a lunch box locker, and any back yard mechanic can install one
Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtLifeTaco View Post
So I went to four-wheel parts to get a quote on some fox shocks and camburg parts the total came out to 6181.14 for for front and rear shocks lift spindles, extended brake lines, and the 1.25 uniballs! How ridiculous is that!

Pretty redonculous! Haha.

I paid about 2k for the burg kit and 1,500 for the CO's

Extreme suspension parts don't come by cheap...
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
haha
spindles 900
brake lines 90
uca's 650
shocks front and rear about 2000

total 3640 and labor should not cost the same. labor should take maybe 5 hours unless they need to weld brackets for the resi's then that will cost a little more
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I hate that store!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
haha Yeah I got effed over at 4wheelparts too. I order 4.56 gears from them... Took a month to receive, then when i got it i brought it to a local shop to install. 4wheelparts ordered the wrong gears for my truck.... so I had a useless truck. So i had to pay for the shop to basically take apart the gears and get a tow truck send it down to 4wheelparts. Wait another week for the right parts and took them another week to do the install... They did reimburse me for everything tho, so they were not too bad.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy went there to pick up some body and tranny monts for his cj5. They had to order them and they were 3-5 days out on top of that they were 75 dollars. After that we went to a local shop and had them in stock for 40 dollars
Old 10-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
i know that alot of people have had bad experiences with 4wheel..but i thought id chime in. my experiences have been nothing but good with them, and i know that alot of my friends down here have had nothing but good experiences as well.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
to the op...call up camburg or email em tell em your here on the forums. i did and they quoted me 895 for the spindles. 100 in savings is good in my book
Old 10-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya that 100 dollar savings will buy your extended brake lines
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What a joke. Mine as well go long travel for that price.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
haha
spindles 900
brake lines 90
uca's 650
shocks front and rear about 2000

total 3640 and labor should not cost the same. labor should take maybe 5 hours unless they need to weld brackets for the resi's then that will cost a little more
thats about right...it shouldn't be more than 500 bucks for the labor install you would think
Old 10-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Customer:
"I'd like a price on some 40" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws please..."

Counter guy:
"uh, the book says those won't fit your application....let me show you some 265/75/16 Pro Comp's that are on sale this month..."
Old 10-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
Almost there

^haha and that's so very true. They look at books that mean nothing and don't use common sense
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
good to know about this. Autobacs was the same way for imports. overpricing to the MAX!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #16
Beeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really niceBeeson is just really nice

EMS:
Name: Ryan
Beeson's Tacoma Gallery
4wp is a complete joke. They put the completely wrong size OME leaf springs on my truck (at least they admitted it) and then I would have to call them every week multiple times to check up on the status of getting new ones. Turns out after a month and a half of going back and forth, they hadn't even ordered them. Finally at about 2 months they got them in.

My favorite experience ever there though was once my freind and I went in to see if some of his stuff for his Cherokee had arrived. He goes up to the counter and asks "Mike", "Hey did my battery come in yet?" "Uuhhhh, yyeeeeaaahhh, it came in, yes, it's here." "Oh, ok."............................nothing. We walk around for a few awkward minutes, pretending to look at stuff, and then go back to the desk, "So, uh, can I, like....get...it..." Mike goes, "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....", looks at the computer for a bit, doesn't say a word, walks slowly over to the battery showcase and grabs the one off of the top. "Here ya go."

What?.................Yeah dude, we were just wanting to see if it was in, but we didn't want to pick it up. AND clearly it wasn't in or something, otherwise why take the showcase one?