Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Saw adjustment

Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Saw adjustment

well my coilovers settled and i want to lower them about half an inch and i just need help. where is the set screw that i need to loosen in order to twist the collar? also i have the coilovers where the collar is on top of the spring so do i need to loosen the collar in order to make the ride lower? i.e. the less threading between the top of the assembly and the collar the lower the ride will be? or am i backwards and need to tighten it in order to compress the spring more.... i thought about it for like 2 hours and came up with logic that fit both ways and confused myself. thanks
Old 10-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

takern's Tacoma Gallery
well i figured out where the set screw was. now i just need to know which way to turn it.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
trial and error and lefty loosey righty tighty. Good luck
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
well my coilovers settled and i want to lower them about half an inch and i just need help. where is the set screw that i need to loosen in order to twist the collar? also i have the coilovers where the collar is on top of the spring so do i need to loosen the collar in order to make the ride lower? i.e. the less threading between the top of the assembly and the collar the lower the ride will be? or am i backwards and need to tighten it in order to compress the spring more.... i thought about it for like 2 hours and came up with logic that fit both ways and confused myself. thanks
I have the same ones you have, adjustment collar on the top. Reducing the amount of exposed threads above the collar will take lift out of it.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I have the same ones you have, adjustment collar on the top. Reducing the amount of exposed threads above the collar will take lift out of it.
Me too. Less threads above the collar = less lift.

This time, on the last turn, make sure to leave that set screw where you can get to it.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #6

takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Me too. Less threads above the collar = less lift.

This time, on the last turn, make sure to leave that set screw where you can get to it.
Thanks guys.