Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2.5 in. Spacer on top of 6 inch suspension?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Lifted Tacoma
caleb337 is on a distinguished road
caleb337's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 in. Spacer on top of 6 inch suspension?

I have a 6 inch Procomp Stage I lift, and I was wondering if I have to settle for a body lift or if I can add my 2.5 inch spacer on top of my lift.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that "don't stack lifts" is gonna be the answer, but go ahead and wait for another opinion.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Stack two Fabtech lifts on top of each other for 12" of lift.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
The sky's the limit!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb337 View Post
I have a 6 inch Procomp Stage I lift, and I was wondering if I have to settle for a body lift or if I can add my 2.5 inch spacer on top of my lift.
No. I'm not an engineer, but you probably shouldn't do that. Get the body lift if you want it higher.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
X2! Im getting 2 6"ers and 3 pairs of OME springs.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2! Im getting 2 6"ers and 3 pairs of OME springs.
Reach for the stars!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Reach for the stars!
Chris will be hitting the stars with his face!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Chris will be hitting the stars with his face!
Or seeing stars when I hit a bump!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Or seeing stars when I hit a bump!
Nah. You'll have what, 15"+ of travel? You'd be driving on a cloud!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #11

Do they make brushgaurds that handle space junk?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
y'all gonna scare the OP away...

get some King coilovers in extended length and you can crank em up another inch and a half or more...
Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
KoolWipTacoma is on a distinguished road
KoolWipTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i thought this site was about asking ?s an showing off ur ride an helping others. if somome1 has a ? just answer it. u dont have to be a smart-ass!....... But any way yes you can sack the spacer on top of ur 6" BUT it will have ur cv's at a bad angle that will cause ur boots to bust in a short time. UNLESS u have a prerunner (2wd) it will be fine to do this. revteck spacer is a two peice spacer 2" peice& 1/2" peice. u can try useing the 1/2" peice for a little extra lift or vice-versa but a dont think i would do the whole thing although it looks bad ass and u can run 37"s!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolWipTacoma View Post
i thought this site was about asking ?s an showing off ur ride an helping others. if somome1 has a ? just answer it. u dont have to be a smart-ass!....... But any way yes you can sack the spacer on top of ur 6" BUT it will have ur cv's at a bad angle that will cause ur boots to bust in a short time. UNLESS u have a prerunner (2wd) it will be fine to do this. revteck spacer is a two peice spacer 2" peice& 1/2" peice. u can try useing the 1/2" peice for a little extra lift or vice-versa but a dont think i would do the whole thing although it looks bad ass and u can run 37"s!
i correct myself... the revteck is 1"1/2 [not 2" like i said above] peice and a 1/2" peice total of 2"... but still give u 3"
Old 02-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hello 2008, welcome to 2009.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
And its still a dumb idea.
i didnt say it was a good idea. i agree its better off with just the 6" but i was just answering the ?. it is posible yes, good idea no! some people have done it with no problems but most of them have had problems.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i didnt say it was a good idea. i agree its better off with just the 6" but i was just answering the ?. it is posible yes, good idea no! some people have done it with no problems but most of them have had problems.

NEWB ALERT!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #18

Ok. Yes you can do it. Your ride will suffer, and you will loose some down travel. You may need some UCA's to get the alignment back into spec.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Putting the spacers on with the pro comp lift kit is essentially the same as putting spacers ontop of the stock suspension. Yes it will increase the angles but it would be the same angle that all of us 3" guys have.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
Putting the spacers on with the pro comp lift kit is essentially the same as putting spacers ontop of the stock suspension. Yes it will increase the angles but it would be the same angle that all of us 3" guys have.
correct me if im wrong, but but the procomp & fabtech only drop the diff bout 4" for a 6" lift. the 6" kit does not set the cv angles bak to the way it was stock. so it would be more like adding a 4" spacer(ballpark fingure) rather than the 2" spacer. it would be worse than adding the 3" kit to a stock truck. Again i may be slighty off but you can get wat im saying.