1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

only one 1in block

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Grande, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    Grande

Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    ok, so my rear isnt level. Is it a bad idea to put a 1in block on my left rear to level out with the right rear. Does anyone see anything bad that could happen over time if i do. Maybe some axel bending or whatever happens when u use big blocks. I just wana make sure i should do this and dont end up kicking my self in the ass after a year or sumthin.

i wana be like this:bananadance: and not like this :frusty:. lol

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I wouldn't do it.....if you ask me, that's a hack-job / bandaid.

Toyota's lean, that's just the plain and simply truth.

They don't lean from the factory....so.... what's your suspension setup and when did this lean occur?

3. Oct 13, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    i have billies upfront with set at .85, with stock everything else. i measured all four angles before i got my front lift,(wasnt sure to set them at .85 or 1.75) and the rears were off about a half inch, but now that i got my lift put on, i was pumping gas and walking back to my truck and noticed the big lean, then i measured and the right is almost a full inch taller than my left. havent messed with the rear yet just the front. and i got new tires installed on the same day, dont kno if that would hav to do anyth9ing with it, but thats all.
    I was thinking about new leaf packs, but saome other memeber said it wont fix anything since its still gona be off, i looked around underneath the rear and didnt see anything that looked outta place or anything werid. I did notice that on the leaf pack the leaf on the bottom dosent go all the way to the end like my two other ones do, so i thought that was did, one of them broke, but when i went to the other side, the one on the bottom did go all the way to the end either, so that idea went out the window,
    so now im stumped and y its doing this and how to fix it.

4. Oct 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    also thry installed all these speed bumps around my neihborhood and its not the ones that strech all the way across. its four individual bump with flat surface inbetween them so i go through them i usally make my left tires stay on the ground and the right tires are the ones that actually go over the speed bumps. and i did that so im not bounceing up and down and its only the passenger side that does. and since i figured that out, ive been doin the opisite and going over the bumps witht the driver side and not the passenger and hoping that over a couple weeks it would even back out.
    Other than that i cant remember doing anything else that could cause the unevenness...if thats a word lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top