Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alternative Bump Stops

Old 10-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #21
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
x2 on that. i would be afraid that my shock eye would break off if i hit a pothole or was wheeling hard.
I agree I am going to look at turning them when I get home but I have beat these up quite a bit and they have held up fine. I don't think anything would break off because the bushings on the shock eye by the adaptor give it about as much side to side play as a set of stock shocks.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #22
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
bumping this up for great info. i was doing a little search on bump stops and i'm glad i found this thread.

i can't picture myself paying $200 for a set of bump stops so this might be my solution. thanks for posting!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #23
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
also bought some of the same bumpstops but in black but mounted to the striking point where the stock bumpstops would hit sorry for the horrible pic....am running 10" shocks with the all pro expedition leaf springs

Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
also bought some of the same bumpstops but in black but mounted to the striking point where the stock bumpstops would hit sorry for the horrible pic....am running 10" shocks with the all pro expedition leaf springs

if you have some time, i would appreciate if you could take a close up pic of the setup. did you take out the stock bump stop?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #25
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
if you have some time, i would appreciate if you could take a close up pic of the setup. did you take out the stock bump stop?
not a problem...i actually left on my stock bumps and havent had any problems.....just like the op i wasnt looking to spend 200$ on bumps and also didnt want to bottom out my shocks...will def have some pics for u tomorrow would do it right now but too dark......
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #26
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
not a problem...i actually left on my stock bumps and havent had any problems.....just like the op i wasnt looking to spend 200$ on bumps and also didnt want to bottom out my shocks...will def have some pics for u tomorrow would do it right now but too dark......
awesome, thanks. i have a set of 10" 5150 that's going on soon so i'm in the same situation.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #27
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Wow those are huuuuge. Nice.

That's what she said
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
extrmsob293 is on a distinguished road
extrmsob293's Tacoma Gallery
i will be doing this soon
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
You can also invert the bumps so no welding is needed. You also don't need to spend the extra $$$ to get the flip kit with threaded holes.

It's a little ghetto but has been doing me good for a couple years of medium speed trail running.

If you get Wheelers Super bumps like I did you will not need the towers from them for the rear. This will save you some $$$.

With 255/85/16's I did not have to modify the bump stop at all. Just mounted it flush with a couple washers on top of the bump stop to flatten out the load because the strike plate is not flat.

I also helped a member out who is running 285's and he also was able to mount them flush like pictured without ripping off his fenders.

Seems to be a OK way to keep all the up travel possible.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
There's no way my 285's would tuck with bump stops that small! I wish they would though, lol!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #31
how big is that bump stop? i think the energy 4 1/2" is bigger and ill probably have to do the flip kit with it
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #32
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The super bumps are 4.25" but compress to stock 3" length......not sure what the energy 4.5's compress to?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #33
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
There's no way my 285's would tuck with bump stops that small! I wish they would though, lol!
probably the backsacing on your wheels.

i can tuck 33s with the energy suspension 2.5'' bumps spaced up another 1/4''

Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #34
Quote:
The super bumps are 4.25" but compress to stock 3" length......not sure what the energy 4.5's compress to?
with the superbumps can i mount it invert? because if i get the energy 4.5 i have to get the flip kit which i don't want to. I'm dont want to spend $200 on bumpstop
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #35

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrmsob293 View Post
with the superbumps can i mount it invert? because if i get the energy 4.5 i have to get the flip kit which i don't want to. I'm dont want to spend $200 on bumpstop
Timbres are the expensive ones......the energy bumps are way cheaper!

I drilled holes in the mounting plate in my super bumps so they could fit the flip kit. Ask for the pre drilled flip kit though!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #36
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Timbres are the expensive ones......the energy bumps are way cheaper!

I drilled holes in the mounting plate in my super bumps so they could fit the flip kit. Ask for the pre drilled flip kit though!
i've run both the timbrens and the 4.5'' superbumps. there is deffinately a difference. whether it's a $150 difference or not is up to the indevidual user, but i thought they were worth it. you only really see the difference at speed though.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #37
I'm trying to find a way to mount my bumpstop, I have a 1st gen tacoma so if you one with a 1st gen please post a picture of your rear suspension
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #38

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
i've run both the timbrens and the 4.5'' superbumps. there is deffinately a difference. whether it's a $150 difference or not is up to the indevidual user, but i thought they were worth it. you only really see the difference at speed though.
How were the energy bumps? The pyramid evs ones right?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #39

Quote:
How were the energy bumps? The pyramid evs ones right?
i misspoke, it was indeed the energy suspension ones, not the superbumps.

i've run timbrens, and these (4.5'') vvvv running the 2.5'' now
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #40
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
subd