Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Shocks

Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Shocks

What do you guys recommend for rear shocks with ~2" lift?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
I hear good things about Icon Rear Revisor Shocks.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Cant go wrong with that or 5100 for the back.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yeah....either of the ones mentioned.....but just a heads up, the 5100's are a bit cheaper, if thats a factor, and they will still give a great ride!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^what they said^^^^^^
Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
I'm loving my 5100's.I've had the rear leaf tsb done.Gave about an inch lift. You're asking about 2" (or more??) While they are less $$,ride great,they're no longer then the stock trd.shocks.Using these for off roading you may top them out.There is an easy extention mount you can get.It's up to you how hard you drive'em.For the street you'd be fine.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #7
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
The ICON's would go good with my ICON lift...but too much $$$. I am not seeing a P/N for the 5100's for 2" lift, but I do need to replace what I have, the upper cans actually have rust holes through. I'd like to know more about the extension kit...what's that?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Would you really need a rear lift with coilovers? Wont the rear even itself out?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
Would you really need a rear lift with coilovers? Wont the rear even itself out?
If you set the coilovers to level the front, then no, you dont need a lift.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
not to hijack the thread but im about to install my icons how do i set them to level the rear? I was just gonna install them at the 2.5" preset.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #11

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
not to hijack the thread but im about to install my icons how do i set them to level the rear? I was just gonna install them at the 2.5" preset.
I was told they raise the front 2" and go good with their add a leaf rear kit (3 leafs) which raise the rear 1". When I installed everything, the truck still sagged in the front, so I cranked the front coil overs some more which leveled out the truck pretty well. Measure the distance between the adjuster and the coil over head, (mine were 1.45" & 1.60" from the factory), I re-set both to 1.85" (they say not to go further than 2.13"). Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
IF you popped for an Icon coilover set up then you can easily rationalize the need for the Icon remote res shocks for the rear.
Yeah easy to spend other peoples money...?? Actually didn't think this was the time or place, but not really happy with the ICON at the moment, $1095 for coil overs and I have some problems, I'm still trying to work some things out with them, but didn't feel like dumping another $472, and possibly be disappointed some more...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for cheaper options....

Ranchos suck....
OME's are good and have a nice ride (but pricier)
I've been running Doestch Tech Prerunner shocks on my Jeep and they've been doing well - a bit on she 'stiff' side but they take the offroad abuse well. They're cheaper at $45 each.
The regular Doestch Tech shocks (3000 series I beleive) are also good and cheap.