Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Custom 1.75" body lift 2nd gen

Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
bills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura aboutbills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bill
bills yota 2wpeel's Tacoma Gallery
Custom 1.75" body lift 2nd gen

When I lifted my truck with the ready lift and installed 30.6" tires I decided to add even more lift. I bought some pieces of a 3" performance accessories BL from another TW member. I cut the 12 lift blocks to 1.75 with a band saw. This size made it easy to build brackets for the front bumper.
This is a bar of 1/8" steel with 3 holes drilled for mounts.

I had to lower the radiator by the same amount so again
Here you see one of the rad mounts I made from some flat stock with holes already drilled! The other ones are actual PA kit brackets, but however, keep in mind I put this setup together in my driveway at my trailer park.

Almost all of the kit bolts will not work for the lift blocks so I used what was available at the local hardware store. I used:
2) 3/8" x 7" grade 8 bolts for front cab mounts
4) 1/2" x 8" grade 5 bolts for mid and rear cab, (added few extra washers)
4) STOCK bolts from the cab to use to mount the bed.
The bed has welded nuts so you have to use metric bolts for the other 2 bed mounts, I dont remember what size and you wont find em at home cheapo either.

The PA kit steering extension will work, but its close.

I installed the URD short shift kit. This raises the shifter by about an inch. Not only are the throws shorter, the shift knob location is very close to stock as well. Much better idea than welding an extension.

Half lifted

Done

The added clearance means your front tires wont rub the fender skirts on 5 lugs. I was able to keep the stock inner wheel well skins, just zip tied them. I did not have to extend brake lines or the fuel filler lines. In some places I made relocation bracketry for lowering fuel lines etc with bent band iron painted black.

Cant wait regear it with some type of lsd or locker.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
bills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura aboutbills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura about

BTW I spent less than $100 on this.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
thats great.....pics?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #4

damnit all the pics didnt come through
Old 10-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
photobucket
Old 10-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #7

rad mount

Steering extension

Front bumper relocation bracket

Front naked

Rear tire

Rear bumper

Half lifted

Full lift

Let me know if these dont work.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #11
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but man thats a lot of work for 1.75 " i woulda just got 5100's and 1" blocks in rear
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
yeah but man thats a lot of work for 1.75 " i woulda just got 5100's and 1" blocks in rear
He's a 5-lug. No 5100's. Would have to use the readylift for 5-luggers.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #13

I already have the ready lift kit on, just wanted to go a bit higher. This was the only economical option to do on a 5 lug.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #15

The PA kit will work for the 5 lug I believe. I cut it down cause I dont like the way a 3" BL looks, also it would have been too much in conjunction with my ready lift.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
RMeserole is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
RMeserole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Here is my custom 1.5" body lift on top of my 3" suspension lift. Thanks for the help Bill, I really appreciate it man.

How did you fabricate brackets for the front and rear bumper? Did you need a steering extension, if so where did you get it? Do you have any pics of the bumper brackets? Also does this allow you to run 285/75 R16 tires with out any trimming?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Was it difficult? And what size tire r u runnin I have the readylift w 31"s an was tho on about a 2" body lift an runnin 33"s
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #19

I have 30.6 tires and no rubbing issues. I would think 33" would fit. You'll probably have to remove the black boxes in the front fender wells. I think theres only 3 nuts or something and you have to cut away at the inner fender skin a little. Be careful of the brake lines and abs wires when lifting the body. If you have some mechanical ability it wont be too much of a challenge. You will have to make some brackets to lower the radiator, fuel lines, etc. your gonna need the steering extension from the performance accessories 3" lift kit, I think you can buy it separately. Just crawl under there and you will see what needs extending/lowering, I used band iron for lines and for the front bumper I used 1/8" flat stock. If you go 2" then I think you will need to buy hoses to extend your fuel fill. You're gonna need 1/2" plate steel to make new mounting for the rear bumper if its used for towing.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #20
Hinanomon is on a distinguished road
Hinanomon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack17 View Post
Here is my custom 1.5" body lift on top of my 3" suspension lift. Thanks for the help Bill, I really appreciate it man.

what kind/size tire do you have?