Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRD or base coils for 5100's

Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
TRD or base coils for 5100's

I have some 5100's on the way and I was wondering if I find some TRD coils the ride would be better than my base model coils?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD OR coils are progressive, so they get stiffer the more they are compressed. That may make the ride harshewr than the base model springs when preloaded. Not sure but just thinking out loud here.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
arizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
arizonataco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a base 05 4X4 reg cab.I will be putting on Billy 51's
BUT I bought a pair of 09 double cab TRD Sport coils used.
They are the non progressive same type as with my base model but will be a little stiffer.I hope not much.

Im getting the feeling that progressives are NOT all the rage.... Or am I wrong?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I know this is an old thread. I am planning to do the same thing as 'arizonataco' and put TRD front coils + front and rear shocks (w/less than 2,000 miles on them) on my '06 regular cab 4X4. Does anyone know if this can be done as a direct swap, or are other parts needed?

Thanks for any advice!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoterragaia View Post
Sorry, I know this is an old thread. I am planning to do the same thing as 'arizonataco' and put TRD front coils + front and rear shocks (w/less than 2,000 miles on them) on my '06 regular cab 4X4. Does anyone know if this can be done as a direct swap, or are other parts needed?

Thanks for any advice!!
Any of the 4x4 parts are interchangable. Just so you know, SR5 and TRD Sport coils are the same... TRD Off Road Coils are progressive and are the only ones that are different.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #7
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Pugga.