LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ToyTec 3" Ultimate Higher Than 3" Complete...

Old 10-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
ToyTec 3" Ultimate Higher Than 3" Complete...

So my friend just installed his Ultimate on his DC while i have had a Complete installed on my DC since Turkey Day Last year. Anyways, we have the trucks next to each other and his truck is sitting much higher in the front than mine. He has the front set to factory settings running 285/75/16 and im running 285/70/17.

Any ideas why his tall sits so much taller than mine when they are both 3" lifts?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
ones new and ones old and saggy? post pics i wanna see
Old 10-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmsvandal View Post
So my friend just installed his Ultimate on his DC while i have had a Complete installed on my DC since Turkey Day Last year. Anyways, we have the trucks next to each other and his truck is sitting much higher in the front than mine. He has the front set to factory settings running 285/75/16 and im running 285/70/17.

Any ideas why his tall sits so much taller than mine when they are both 3" lifts?

Yours has settled. His will as well in a week or so. Relax.

Also, IIRC the Toytec ultimate has adjustable billies up front right? Are they set identically?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

This is only picture i have. It was taken with camera phone so its not best angle but still noticeable in the picture.

My truck 09 db/lb. v6 auto trd sport. I have a stereo that i just installed last month but that weight is in the rear so i dont see it effecting this issue.

His truck 10 db/sb. v6 man trd offroad.
Attached Thumbnails
ToyTec 3" Ultimate Higher Than 3" Complete...-img00006-20101024-1545.jpg  
Old 10-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

are you guys running the same diameter tire? if not then that will do it
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
This is only picture i have. It was taken with camera phone so its not best angle but still noticeable in the picture.

My truck 09 db/lb. v6 auto trd sport. I have a stereo that i just installed last month but that weight is in the rear so i dont see it effecting this issue.

His truck 10 db/sb. v6 man trd offroad.
Is either 4x4??
And when you say the weight from your stereo is in the rear...You mean the subs behind the seat or did you build something into your bed?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Did you measure a difference or are you eyeballing it? I still say its because his suspension hasn't settled yet.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Is either 4x4??
And when you say the weight from your stereo is in the rear...You mean the subs behind the seat or did you build something into your bed?

They are both 4x4. And yes, stereo is behind back seat.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
Almost there

Quote:
tires the same size?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
That is still 100 lbs + that has to be held up by springs...My guess is yours has settled since it was installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
tires the same size?
Pretty close and you can see the difference in the fender wells too
Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Almost there

then if the tire sizes teh same its just sagging or settling
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Also...When you say "complete" versus "ultimate" what do you mean??

Look on toytec's website.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Long bed weigs more, He may have more preload on his springs. See who's CV's last longer....
Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
dont worry guys. Fmsvandal is just mad that mine is BIGGER!! hahahahaha!!
haha you wern't supposed to tell anybody!