Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4" RCD Lift with OME 886 Coils probblems

Old 10-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
go down to 885s or 884s
Old 10-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Scott those billys arent adjustable they are specifically designed for the rcd lift
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Really helpful!
what? i think it is. first of all every lift has a statement somewhere on there stating not to combine lifts. thats where my thought about going back to the stock spring comes in to play. i think the bumper looks like crap so thats where the first part of my statement comes into play. and by getting rid of the bumper you ditch some of the extra weight therefore not needing a heavier rated spring. just my opinion tho
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #24
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Scott those billys arent adjustable they are specifically designed for the rcd lift
ahhh...I had no Idea
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #25
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not true. the rcds are adjustable. in the attached pic, you can kinda see the rcd logo on both sides of the shock and you can clearly see the snap rings. these are the shocks i ordered from dsm and sold to another member on here.
Attached Thumbnails
4" RCD Lift with OME 886 Coils probblems-imgp0368.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
not true. the rcds are adjustable. in the attached pic, you can kinda see the rcd logo on both sides of the shock and you can clearly see the snap rings. these are the shocks i ordered from dsm and sold to another member on here.
so i'm not crazy then
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #28
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Woah look at the angle on those tire rods
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #29
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh I was looking at their site and it looked and sounded from the description that they werent adjustable, sorry my bad scott
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #30
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
so i'm not crazy then
nope
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #31
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what? i think it is. first of all every lift has a statement somewhere on there stating not to combine lifts. thats where my thought about going back to the stock spring comes in to play. i think the bumper looks like crap so thats where the first part of my statement comes into play. and by getting rid of the bumper you ditch some of the extra weight therefore not needing a heavier rated spring. just my opinion tho

I understood where you were coming from. What I was getting at was you basically told him to go back stockish. The chances of that are slim to none. The bumper is his choice, no matter what you think of the looks. The suspension statement was spot on though, he shouldn't have mixed lifts however I understand his thought process. He wanted a spring that could handle the extra weight of the bumper which is also why you telling him to remove the bumper was pointless. He obviously wants his truck lifted, level and with the bumper winch combo.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh I was looking at their site and it looked and sounded from the description that they werent adjustable, sorry my bad scott
UNLESS..when the 5100s where on backorder everywhere for a little while, rcd decided to abandon the adjustable shock in order to crank out kits?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #33

Quote:
No worries bud
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #34

so what do you guys think then? If he went back to stock shocks and put them billys at .85" to compensate for the weight of the bumper, would he be okay or be in the same boat?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #35
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I understood where you were coming from. What I was getting at was you basically told him to go back stockish. The chances of that are slim to none. The bumper is his choice, no matter what you think of the looks. The suspension statement was spot on though, he shouldn't have mixed lifts however I understand his thought process. He wanted a spring that could handle the extra weight of the bumper which is also why you telling him to remove the bumper was pointless. He obviously wants his truck lifted, level and with the bumper winch combo.
im by no means telling him to go back to "stockish". with that lift your getting roughly 4" of front end lift. definitely not stock. and yes i know that my statement about liking the bumper is purely my opinion, and in all honesty my statement shouldnt...and i hope it doesnt...affect what other people do to their trucks. i apologize to both the op and you and anyone else for that matter if i offend with my opinion. i will be a little more conscience of stating my opinions in a more constructive form in the future.

i also see the op's thought process. maybe the op can try a different coil with a different spring rate. the 885s are designed to give 3" of lift with no db kits assistance. maybe try the 884 or something else that gives very little lift. that seems like it may work. even the eibach might
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #37
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
those are not RCD drop bracket lift kit bilstein 5100s... those are stock length 5100s... the ones with the RCD drop bracket lift are NOT adjustable! RCD is the distributer of both the RCD kit and the adjustable one... the ones on the RCD kit are not adjustable... they are longer to accommodative the 4.5" of lift. get you facts straight first before spreading false information

think about it for one minute! how can you get 4.5" of lift with the standard length shock assembly even if adjustable to 2.5"

The RCD 5100 are longer that standard 5100s due to needing a longer spindle and drop brackets to lower the LCA and drop the diff.

both cantac and I have the rcd kit btw...

Quote:
so i'm not crazy then
Quote:
^you're right

Quote:
No worries bud
Quote:
so what do you guys think then? If he went back to stock shocks and put them billys at .85" to compensate for the weight of the bumper, would he be okay or be in the same boat?

the bilstein 5100s that come with the RCD DB kit are not adjustable!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #38
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
completely different 5100s than in the RCD kit
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #39
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
those are not RCD drop bracket lift kit bilstein 5100s... those are stock length 5100s... the ones with the RCD drop bracket lift are NOT adjustable! RCD is the distributer of both the RCD kit and the adjustable one... the ones on the RCD kit are not adjustable... they are longer to accommodative the 4.5" of lift. get you facts straight first before spreading false information

think about it for one minute! how can you get 4.5" of lift with the standard length shock assembly even if adjustable to 2.5"

The RCD 5100 are longer that standard 5100s due to needing a longer spindle and drop brackets to lower the LCA and drop the diff.

both cantac and I have the rcd kit btw...

the bilstein 5100s that come with the RCD DB kit are not adjustable! you guys are spreading false information
HEY MAN I SAID THEY ARENT SO QUOTE PROPERLY
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #40
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
thanks solus. i was reading and gonna post the same thing