Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4" RCD Lift with OME 886 Coils probblems

Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
Catron is on a distinguished road
Catron's Tacoma Gallery
4" RCD Lift with OME 886 Coils probblems

Hello, this is my first post here and still learning much as I go.

I just had a 4" RCD lift installed on my truck and also replaced the factory front springs with OME 886 based on how my front end dropped when I put on the front replacement bumper and winch.

The problem or challenge I have now is that the front end is 2.25" higher than the rear. There seems to be significant angles on the axles and upper control arms

What are your thoughts? Too much angle? Do I need to go back to the stock springs? I really figured I would need the heavy duty springs with the additional 245lbs of weight up front. The front end also tends to wander and float more now

Here is a pic of the truck.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
wow..way too much of angle. cv boots are not the only problem. most people forget the angle of your tie rods put a great deal of added wear on your rack and pinion steering.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
that is why you dont combine lifts...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I thought your supposed to rock out the stock springs with these kits?! I think the 886 springs are your problem. Angles are severe...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
that is why you dont combine lifts...
Exactly.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
lose the 886s... if you must use aftermarket springs try 884s or even eibach 1.6s... all I know is that the additional lift is the problem... 886s are heavy duty springs and even with the additional weight up front they are obviously not sagging or compressing as much as you need.

and everyone is right...combining lifts is usually a problem

Out of curiosity do you also have a body lift?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
LIVE TO FLY
Kdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
i added about 1 extra inch with 5/8 spacers, an my Axel angles are know were near yours ,i think that 1.6 ebiach spring would be perfect with your front weight,bet you would get a good inch plus.
an for the rear i added a 1.5 inch add a leaf,for a total of 5.5 in rear,sitting at about 42" ground to fender at all fours
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Another GREAT example of why we DO NOT stack lifts!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Do you have the 5100's set at 0?
yes sir! do you? I am wanting to put a small .5" preload though

I should have said this is why we dont stack lifts of large lift numbers. I mean adding a little something like <1.5" on something like this sure why not! But adding 886's coil I dont think was right...
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
what ever the problem is you better fix it before you fuck up your cvs
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
yes sir! do you? I am wanting to put a small .5" preload though

I should have said this is why we dont stack lifts of large lift numbers. I mean adding a little something like <1.5" on something like this sure why not! But adding 886's coil I dont think was right...
Sorry. I was asking the OP. I didnt clarify. Because maybe he is running 886's + 5100's at x".
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #13
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Sorry. I was asking the OP. I didnt clarify. Because maybe he is running 886's + 5100's at x".
Oh i looked on RCD website and it looks like the shocks are not adjustable but IDK and looking at his pictures I dont see the groves for the snap ring to go into to adjust them either. All the descriptions say that they are custom 5100 shocks...
Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Oh i looked on RCD website and it looks like the shocks are not adjustable but IDK and looking at his pictures I dont see the groves for the snap ring to go into to adjust them either. All the descriptions say that they are custom 5100 shocks...
Interesting. I wonder if 885's would still be too much?

And I dont have 5100's. Got Fox 2.0's.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #15
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
no the shocks arent adjustable. he should try with just the stock coils and see how it is.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
no the shocks arent adjustable. he should try with just the stock coils and see how it is.
Yea. He is unclear if he put the bumper on when it was stock and then added both lifts at the same time or put the lift, then bumper, then 886's.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
lose the bumper and change the spring back to stock
Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't look to severe...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed that your running Billy 5100s up front. Maybe you could go back to stock springs and set the billys at .85" of lift to counter the bumpers weight...not sure though. Combining lifts isn't a good thing to do