Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Good shop to lift my truck in South Carolina?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
Good shop to lift my truck in South Carolina?

Does anyone know of a good shop that could install a lift kit on my '10 prerunner in or around the Florence, South Carolina area?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. All of us. at Will's house.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Yeah. All of us. at Will's house.
I'm gonna need some clarification on who or what exactly this is referring to.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What I'm tryin' to say is wait for an NC or SC mod day and come to it and install it all yourself with help.

Paying someone to install a lift on your truck is like paying someone to have sex with your girlfriend: They get to have all the fun AND get the money.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Quote:
What I'm tryin' to say is wait for an NC or SC mod day and come to it and install it all yourself with help.

Paying someone to install a lift on your truck is like paying someone to have sex with your girlfriend: They get to have all the fun AND get the money.
Haha good point. Sounds like a good idea. I'm debating whether I just want to do a Billie 5100 lift in the front and an AAL in the rear, which I think I could definitely do myself, but not sure how big of a tire this is gonna let me fit.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoZack View Post
Haha good point. Sounds like a good idea. I'm debating whether I just want to do a Billie 5100 lift in the front and an AAL in the rear, which I think I could definitely do myself, but not sure how big of a tire this is gonna let me fit.

2.5" and up will let you fit 33" with trimming and a cab-mount chop. 35" can be done on a 3" lift, but you're gonna have to trim like crazy, and they'll still rub if you stuff 'em.

Is this lift for aesthetics or function?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
Quote:
2.5" and up will let you fit 33" with trimming and a cab-mount chop. 35" can be done on a 3" lift, but you're gonna have to trim like crazy, and they'll still rub if you stuff 'em.

Is this lift for aesthetics or function?
Well really its to let me fit bigger tires, so I guess from that standpoint the lift is gonna be functional in nature. I definitely don't want to just go with a spacer lift, it needs to be solid enough to do some wheeling. Im trying to avoid trimming though, so I'm thinking maybe just get the Billie 5100's for the front and set to 2 inches or so. I'm wanting to do 285/70/17 tires with new wheels with proper backspacing, and hoping to avoid any trimming.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Well really its to let me fit bigger tires, so I guess from that standpoint the lift is gonna be functional in nature. I definitely don't want to just go with a spacer lift, it needs to be solid enough to do some wheeling. Im trying to avoid trimming though, so I'm thinking maybe just get the Billie 5100's for the front and set to 2 inches or so. I'm wanting to do 285/65/17 tires with new wheels with proper backspacing, and hoping to avoid any trimming.
Not gonna happen. 285s, you're trimming on a 3" or less.

6" maybe not, but that'd look pretty silly with 33", and 6" are a lot less functional offroad.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Quote:
Not gonna happen. 285s, you're trimming on a 3" or less.

6" maybe not, but that'd look pretty silly with 33", and 6" are a lot less functional offroad.
So how about 265/70/17 with backspaced rims?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #10

Quote:
So how about 265/70/17 with backspaced rims?
You can run that on stock suspension and rims with no trimming. I'm running that right now.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
Quote:
You can run that on stock suspension and rims with no trimming. I'm running that right now.
Sweet, that'd be a definite big improvement over the 245's Dunlops AT20's that came on mine. Are you pretty happy with the look/performance of the 265/70's?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Sweet, that'd be a definite big improvement over the 245's Dunlops AT20's that came on mine. Are you pretty happy with the look/performance of the 265/70's?
They certainly improve the look a ton.

What exactly do you mean "performance"?

They'll be off in a week or so and replaced with 285 KM2s.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
Quote:
They certainly improve the look a ton.

What exactly do you mean "performance"?

They'll be off in a week or so and replaced with 285 KM2s.
As in traction on and offroad. The AT20's are especially terrible in wet pavement, and not good at all even in light off road.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #14

Quote:
As in traction on and offroad. The AT20's are especially terrible in wet pavement, and not good at all even in light off road.
Haven't had these offroad, won't before I sell 'em. Sorry. They drive fine otherwise.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Quote:
Haven't had these offroad, won't before I sell 'em. Sorry. They drive fine otherwise.
What brand tires are these? I might be interested in buying.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
new and improved
bill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: billy
bill-e-boy's Tacoma Gallery
install it yourself

i agree, install it yourself with the help of a buddy, pretty easy to take off what's on there and replace it with new stuff, and yall are right it's fun to do it yourself.
The shocks were the toughest part, i had to stand on the wheel assy and push down to get the new shock assy to fit, while my buddy bolted it up.

But if you still don't feel sure about it, there is a guy here in florence, works at sears, drives a lifted older model toyota, he'll lift it for you for probably around $300. I think his name is Graham.

hope that helps,
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #17

Quote:
What brand tires are these? I might be interested in buying.

265/70/17 BF Goodrich All-Terrains. Will have less than 4k miles on them when they come off the truck. Retail around 875 new, would definitely be willing to meet and sell.

Check your PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
West wateree off-road ask for David