Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ALLPRO expedition leaf pack vs OME Dakar leaf pack

Old 10-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
aaronpatter will become famous soon enoughaaronpatter will become famous soon enough
aaronpatter's Tacoma Gallery
ALLPRO expedition leaf pack vs OME Dakar leaf pack

Anyone have any experience with the Allpro expedition leaf pack? I've researched alot into the dakars but can't find much interms of reviews regarding the Allpros. Allpro has them on sale right now for 25% off.
Help me out,
thanks
Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I was recently looking to replace my worn out stock leafs with some new leafs and debated on OME vs. Allpro, but I decided on the OME's because of their overload leaf, and the 2.25" lift vs the 3" from Allpro.

The expedition leafs are quite new, so I haven't read much about them either. They seem to be designed for very heavy offroad loads, whereas the OME's seemed to be designed for more stock pickup truck usage.

The OME leafs are still $60 cheaper, and that's what I will go with later down the road.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I have been running Dakars for 3 1/2 years now. Here some things I want to say about them. The ride can be rough, very rough without a load on them. Find the right length shocks for them or you will max out the shocks real quick. If I had to do it again, right now, I would buy the Dakars. They flex good enough for me. They provide a very good load carrying capability.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
They came out on the site yesterday morning, however they have had the 98-04 versions in for some time, they are the same leaf's jsut fitted for the 98-04 trucks, so you may want to do some research on those since you won't be able to find any for the 05-present versions...

Just a little info i got on them... they are a 7 leaf pack with thick leafs.

Allpro Expo leafs

in that thread there is a pic of the 98-04 model ones in use with a decently loaded truck.

Thanks to grimm above for the find on the link.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Im happy with my OME Dakars

Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
aaronpatter will become famous soon enoughaaronpatter will become famous soon enough
aaronpatter's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with a first gen have experience with Allpro expedition leaf pack

Thanks for the info guys, I didn't know they were so new. My mind had been pretty much set on the Dakars because I hadn't found any comparable leaf packs. Maybe a first genner can chime in with some knowledge.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I have heard very good things about the Expo pack, but they won't be avalible for another month or so.

I will be going with them (as long as I keep hearing good things) when I upgrade leaf packs.
When you say hearing "good things" are you talkin about the actual 2nd Gen leaf pack or the Expo pack for other models??
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I have heard very good things about the Expo pack, but they won't be avalible for another month or so.

I will be going with them (as long as I keep hearing good things) when I upgrade leaf packs.
your behind the power curve... they are already out.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I have been running Dakars for 3 1/2 years now. Here some things I want to say about them. The ride can be rough, very rough without a load on them. Find the right length shocks for them or you will max out the shocks real quick. If I had to do it again, right now, I would buy the Dakars. They flex good enough for me. They provide a very good load carrying capability.
Which rear shocks are you running with the Dakars?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpatter View Post
Thanks for the info guys, I didn't know they were so new. My mind had been pretty much set on the Dakars because I hadn't found any comparable leaf packs. Maybe a first genner can chime in with some knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
king's @ 1.75 w/ solo 3" front, 3" all pro expo's w/ 5150's.......i think its time for bigger tires.......

i know im on the late train responding to this but im running the all pro expo's on my first gen love em loaded my 2 dirt bikes on them and they didnt sag much im running the 5150's with them good set up...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
i know im on the late train responding to this but im running the all pro expo's on my first gen love em loaded my 2 dirt bikes on them and they didnt sag much im running the 5150's with them good set up...

Thats a sweet setup you got.