Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lifting the rear with TSB

Old 10-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
lifting the rear with TSB

is the AAL the way to go?

So, I'd end up with a 5 leaf pack?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
AAL is the least expensive and easiest install that's worth doing.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
So...the TSB has netted me about 1" of lift.

What would the AAL add? What options are there? 1/2"...1"...1-1/2"...?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AALs typically come in 1.5, 2, and 3 inch varieties. TSB typically results in about 1.5" of lift. I went with a 1.5" AAL on my TSB'd truck and it ended up with about a 1" rake after lifting the front 3".

Your call...I'd say 1.5 to 2" leaf.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 AM   #6
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my AAL kit. I added it to my non-TSB springs. So inow have 4 leafs. It raised my truck at least 1.5" proabably more like 2. It has a serious rake now. I need Some OME springs and Bilstein 5100s
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
Just installed my AAL kit. I added it to my non-TSB springs. So inow have 4 leafs. It raised my truck at least 1.5" proabably more like 2. It has a serious rake now. I need Some OME springs and Bilstein 5100s
My TSB 4 leaf pack raised the rear 1.5" at the start about a month ago...it has settled into about 1" with use.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
My TSB 4 leaf pack raised the rear 1.5" at the start about a month ago...it has settled into about 1" with use.
x2, the TSB will live you about 1" of lift after settling.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
x2, the TSB will live you about 1" of lift after settling.
So what do you guys recommend setting the front 5100s at with the rear tsb
I just want it to look some what level. A slight rake is ok.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGRG View Post
So what do you guys recommend setting the front 5100s at with the rear tsb
I just want it to look some what level. A slight rake is ok.

1.75"

Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #14
ScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Scott
ScottyKC's Tacoma Gallery
How is the ride after AAL install?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
??? Why did you do this? The rear already sits higher than the front from the factory, and now another 2"?? I can't understand why you would lift the rear without the front...I'm confused...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #16
2K6 Taco will become famous soon enough

2K6 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
is the AAL mainly for lifts or is it capable of handling loads?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6 Taco View Post
is the AAL mainly for lifts or is it capable of handling loads?
Lift height, load capacity is affected by a hella of a lot more than the leaf springs, not least of which is the frame.

If you want greater loads capacity, you can get some custom made Deaver or Alcan packs that will bump you a couple hundred pounds, but you're looking at 6 or 700 bucks for 'em, plus install if you're not willing to do it yourself.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
2K6 Taco will become famous soon enough

2K6 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Lift height, load capacity is affected by a hella of a lot more than the leaf springs, not least of which is the frame.

If you want greater loads capacity, you can get some custom made Deaver or Alcan packs that will bump you a couple hundred pounds, but you're looking at 6 or 700 bucks for 'em, plus install if you're not willing to do it yourself.
thats too much for capacity. i have the TSB springs but thought that if i add another leaf to the 4 packs, it'd bump up the capacity a bit.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6 Taco View Post
thats too much for capacity. i have the TSB springs but thought that if i add another leaf to the 4 packs, it'd bump up the capacity a bit.
You *might* be able to get some AALs custom bent by Deaver, Alcan, et al that would add some capacity, but it'd likely be more pricey than your standard AAL due to the custom engineering needed.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
??? Why did you do this? The rear already sits higher than the front from the factory, and now another 2"?? I can't understand why you would lift the rear without the front...I'm confused...
I think he is talking about adding front OME coils and billies .