1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What should I install?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by I Liquid I, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Nov 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    So my truck has been bottoming out in the back finally. I say finally because I load it up with a lot of weight constantly.

Should I change my shocks? I probably should, but want your opinions.

When you rock the truck, it doesn't seem like the shocks need replacement. The truck doesn't keep jumping like it would if the shocks were bad. They are not super stiff either. But still I wonder if I should perhaps change them. The vehicle has about 80k miles.

Also, should I AAL? It has 2 leafs, so no TSB done there. Its a 2006, so when I was aware of such TSB it was too late.

2. Nov 1, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    You can look for a set of tsb leafs on here.

3. Nov 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I say look for a set of leafs on here. Someone who's swapping them out for a completely new suspension set-up might sell you a set fairly cheap but you'll have to wait for a deal to come along. You can purchase the TSB springs through the dealership, but that would be a fairly expensive endeavor. Otherwise you can purchase an AAL or an air-bag set-up.

You mentioned changing your shocks... Your shocks won't add to the load capacity. They only keep the truck from 'bouncing' which you stated your truck does not have a problem with. The truck not having a stiff suspension is reflective of the leaf springs, not the shocks.

4. Nov 1, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    zeeya2000

zeeya2000 Cajun Taceaux

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Bad-Ass PreRunner
    Flowmaster super 10 series turndowns/ Volant CAI system/ Alpine deck, Alpine bass speakers throughtout with tweeters, Alpine PLT-5 Sub/ Blacked out front bumper and door handles/ 5% and 20% tint/ Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks all the way around with a 1.5'' block lift in the rear/ also removed my running boards and mudflaps/ Blacked out badges - TRD windshield banner - TRD third brake light cover (all courtesy of SockMonkey)
    some new leaf springs will do the trick i recently had to do the same bc when i put my fourwheeler in the bed it would bottom out on bumps

5. Nov 1, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'd just get an AAL from Wheelers, Fat Bobs, or Toytec. Inexpensive solution.

6. Nov 1, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    Thank you for all the input so far.

Im gonna go and check prices for a couple parts and get a "ballpark" of how much ill be spending.

Products Discussed in

To Top