Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New to scene. Need lift advice and opinions

Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
New to scene. Need lift advice and opinions

I just got my 2006 4x4. Its an access cab and I want to lift it 3". I was thinking about a spacer kit for the front and an add a leaf in the rear. What do some of you think about that. Is it gonna affect the ride quality? How much lift will I actually get? Also, I want to put some BF Goodrich All Terrains 285/70/17. I have the TRD Sport rims on it. I was wondering how that would look..?? If you guys have any pictures of with similar lifts and tire size, please post. I should have some pics up soon. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 View Post
I just got my 2006 4x4. Its an access cab and I want to lift it 3". I was thinking about a spacer kit for the front and an add a leaf in the rear. What do some of you think about that. Is it gonna affect the ride quality? How much lift will I actually get? Also, I want to put some BF Goodrich All Terrains 285/70/17. I have the TRD Sport rims on it. I was wondering how that would look..?? If you guys have any pictures of with similar lifts and tire size, please post. I should have some pics up soon. Thanks.
This is 05TocoTRD's sticky on lifts. This link is awesome to get you started. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

as for how it will look with a 3" lift here is an idea. Good Luck!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! Are you satisfied with your tire size? I want to do 285/70/17 so it will make it a little taller. I'm not too interested in wider. I don't want it to make the rims look tiny.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 View Post
Truck looks great! Are you satisfied with your tire size? I want to do 285/70/17 so it will make it a little taller. I'm not too interested in wider. I don't want it to make the rims look tiny.
Yes sir, those are 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. The wideness is pretty good too, the sidewall of the tire is even with the outside edge of the fender flare. It gives it a very tough stock look.