Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spring rate of the front coils?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
spring rate of the front coils?

so i have been searching, but all the threads i looked at had different answers.

so, what is the spring rate of the stock coils and of the silver eibach coils from the toytec lift?

is stock around 560# ?
in the threads i have looked at, people say that the eibachs range from 620-650#

so what is it?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I forget but I remember SR5 coils were 540 and TRDs were 590? Yes the off roads and sports are different coils...
Old 11-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hah... thats funny. even for the few answers in this thread, its stated that the silver eibach coils range from 620-650. i guess i should just call toytec/eibach and find our for sure
Old 11-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
so i have been searching, but all the threads i looked at had different answers.

so, what is the spring rate of the stock coils and of the silver eibach coils from the toytec lift?

is stock around 560# ?
in the threads i have looked at, people say that the eibachs range from 620-650#

so what is it?
The silver Eibach I have are stamped #600
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #7

ok... so i found the answers....

i called toytec directly and both the red and silver coils for the ultimate kit are eibach springs and are 600# @ 16 inches.

the stock trd springs are 540# @ 14 inches.

BTW, they are really nice and hepful at toytec. the lady i talked to went out of her way to answer all my questions
Old 11-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The silver Eibach I have are stamped #600
ya, i guess i coulda gone outside and looked at mine too
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
ya, i guess i coulda gone outside and looked at mine too
lol...Mine are laying on the floor behind me.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
That's funny. I was told by Toytec that my silver Eibach/ Toytec springs were 620.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
That's funny. I was told by Toytec that my silver Eibach/ Toytec springs were 620.
Some are. The most common Eibach spring rates for the Tacoma are:
600#
620#
and 650#
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #13

hmm.... i will have to look at the coil and see what it says.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
are the 620 eibachs a rough ride?