Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How much travel from an allpro 3" pack?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Question How much travel from an allpro 3" pack?

Tossing around getting the allpro 3" leaf pack. Can't seem to find anyone whose measured the droop/travel this pack can give when there is no shock limitation. Can someone with this leaf pack tell me how droop they've gotten. Distance between the bump stop and frame with the rear tires off the ground and shock unlbolted? Unless of course you have more shock than travel.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet will probably be to hit up allpro directly.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thats surprising! You'd think they would know. I know there are some guys running that leaf pack, so hopefully they'll chime in. Have you considered the Dakar leaf pack?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...leaf-pack.html
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars are really stiff from what i here. not the best for flexing. the regular 3" AP leafs are for good flex Iamrazian or whatever his SN is has them and they are really flexy with extended length shocks
Old 11-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Dakars are really stiff from what i here. not the best for flexing. the regular 3" AP leafs are for good flex Iamrazian or whatever his SN is has them and they are really flexy with extended length shocks

I'd love to know what the pack is capable of. I have an icon 1.5" add a leaf and it works really well. It droops out to about 9-10". I'm wondering how much more I could get with an allpro pack. I would imagine some extra droop travel and another 1.5" of bump travel would make for some sweet desert wheeling.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
There was a guy installing them today let me check I post a link to the thread.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the link http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-install.html

These are the expo leafs but they have the same amount of flex. He did have the 3" allpros before these so he might know how much droop they have
Old 01-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
The expos yeild more flex than the standard leafs........there is a thread opn TTORA that lists both the
Expo and the standards travel numbers.

X2 I would like to see it as well AllPro told me the expos have the same amount of flex with just a higher spring rate to hold more in the bed.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #18
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP since we all know your style of driving and no ones mentioned this since the shackles flip idea....iirc for prerunning it is not recommended to do shackles Idk why but I think allpro or someone might have mentioned that to me
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #19
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Hey OP since we all know your style of driving and no ones mentioned this since the shackles flip idea....iirc for prerunning it is not recommended to do shackles Idk why but I think allpro or someone might have mentioned that to me
If I understand you right, I've heard the same thing.
I've heard the allpro leaf pack is slightly longer than stock. For that reason, some have said that when the shackle is flipped, it will move all the way backwards and buckle. Due to how small the stock shackle is I won't flip it most likely. Good looking out pretaco!