Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeeking Front Susp. after lift!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Squeeking Front Susp. after lift!

So about 2 weeks ago I installed my toytec ultimate lift kit and total chaos UCA's. Before the suspension broke in and settled a little bit there wasn't any noise at all, probably cause the suspension was still stiff and not really moving much. Now after I've settled a bit I'm getting a lot of squeeking out of the front end. I've greased the UCA's twice (once during installation and again just a couple days ago) and tried spraying everything (shock mounts and anything else that was messed with during installation of the lift) with PB Blaster to try and lube it all up. It seemed to have made a difference for about 10 miles or so but came back.

Is this something that once the components of the lift will eventually break in further and go away? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Did you grease the UCA bushings?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
And the uniball?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #7

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
theres no grease fitting on the unibal. how would i grease it?

If these questions sound dumb its because I'm more of a powertrain mechanic rather than suspension.
Oh theres your problem. Get some dry teflon spray (dupoint makes some available at lowes) and spray the uniballs top and botton.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #9

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
cool ill try that first thing in the morning. I appreciate the help man.
yep, no problem. All uniball UCAs need some lube on the uniballs so they don't squeak.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Oh theres your problem. Get some dry teflon spray (dupoint makes some available at lowes) and spray the uniballs top and botton.
x2. Also don't forget to hose them off really well to take off any dirt on them then spray them. I think you need to wait and let them dry before spraying but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Also the bushings need to be greased inside and out side when you install them. Its mentioned in the instructions
Old 11-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Also the bushings need to be greased inside and out side when you install them. Its mentioned in the instructions
i did the bushings just not the uniball
Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Well Ive heard if you just do it from the zerk and you dont grease it when installing they squeak as well. 2 weeks ago when I did mine I did the uniball and inside and outside of bushing when installing them and I haven't had a single squeak.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
DUDE MAN BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Well Ive heard if you just do it from the zerk and you dont grease it when installing they squeak as well. 2 weeks ago when I did mine I did the uniball and inside and outside of bushing when installing them and I haven't had a single squeak.
cool. ill have to loosen my uca bolts and get in between the bushing and washer thats there and grease 'er up nicely.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #17

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Did it fix the squeaking?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
DUDE MAN BRO

ok so here what happened. Today we started on the drivers side UCA. Pulled it off and greased everything up real well, it was already greased pretty good but just wanted to make sure. The passenger side UCA was very very tight and once I saw it I immediately knew that was the problem. I had to hit it with my fist to move it up and down. I was able to find the torque specs for the UCA bolts and torqued them right this time. So I didn't even take apart the passenger side, I just loosened the bolt and torqued it to spec. SO FAR SO GOOD!! Goes to show how important torque specs are rather than the good ol american "good n tight". Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #20
roughnready62 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Platoon leader, Arctic MP
roughnready62's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running into squeaking issues as well. what are the torque specs you found?