Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift + 265/70/17 Question....???

Old 11-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Question OME Lift + 265/70/17 Question....???

Hey guys I know if I use the search I can find out about this but I'd like some advice specific to my needs.

I have a full OME lift set up (885's, front and rear shocks, and Dakars) that I have yet to install I realize I'm going to have to use either spacers or get new rims. My question is do I need to get aftermarket UCA's if I stick with a 265 sized tire????
Old 11-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the alignment right, then yes.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you want the alignment right, then yes.
X2
Old 11-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not so sure.

OME 885 on a double cab, after it's had a month or so to break in, may only lift your front about 2" - in which case you'll still be able to align the front.

My 885s whacked my alignment - but I've got a std cab 4 banger 5 speed - it's a lightweight truck.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I'm not so sure.

OME 885 on a double cab, after it's had a month or so to break in, may only lift your front about 2" - in which case you'll still be able to align the front.

My 885s whacked my alignment - but I've got a std cab 4 banger 5 speed - it's a lightweight truck.
The 885's gave my double cab right at 3" lift....Same with PackerfanXD.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah. Well then. Munch. Munch. Munch. (Bullwinkle J. Moose cheerfully eats his words...)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Do you even need that much of a lift for those tires? They aren't too big to put on your truck, stock. Mine came with that size, and I am pretty sure you can still get them stock with that size tire. Why would you need to replace anything with that tire setup? Unless you just wanted to, which is enough reason...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3" in your prerunner , how much do you think it will lift a DC 4x4 ?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
pretty sure its the same man...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
pretty sure its the same man...
No front diff makes no diff ?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No front diff makes no diff ?
Its the same chasis so I would assume some...not 100% though
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #12

Like a 4x4 double cab and a trd prerunner double cab should yield the same amount of lift...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I always thought the extra weight of the front diff on a 4x4 would reduce the amount of lift you would see over a prerunner with the same lift .
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #14

Quote:
At least 2.5" I would guess. How much more weight is on the front of the 4x4 than the prerunner? Maybe 150#?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #15
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
nah, it's the doublecab that lowers your lift. i've got a full 3in lift but the same coils on a single cab would give a higher lift.

anyways..you don't need spacers..just sayin
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At least 2.5" I would guess. How much more weight is on the front of the 4x4 than the prerunner? Maybe 150#?
That would probably be about right . Much the same as an aftermarket steel bumper .
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
Shogun
Thomas Lee is just really niceThomas Lee is just really niceThomas Lee is just really niceThomas Lee is just really niceThomas Lee is just really nice
Thomas Lee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas Lee
Man if you have the money, Get rims and 33s. I just put 31s on my truck with a 3" lift and am discusted with it. My son is lucky I care bout him cuz if i didnt I would of done exactly what I just told you to do. But its either him or the truck. The wife dont even matter.

Having said that Ive done my reasearch and no, you just have to put the tires on

After 265 you have to start doing extras, such as regearing and cutting your front bumper and taking off your mud flaps

With 265s you dont have to get spacers or rims