Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifts?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
HunterLewis88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hunter
HunterLewis88's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts?

Does anyone know where i can get bigger than a 6" lift for 2nd gen tacoma?

Or does anyone have a 6 in for sale?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Jbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Jbizz's Tacoma Gallery
why would u wanna go bigger than that haha
Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Jm1hawk will become famous soon enoughJm1hawk will become famous soon enough
Name: Jamie
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think there is any bigger unless you go with sumtin custom. You could get a 6 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift. Also try to stuff some 37s under there. Thats a good amount a lift i would say
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Could do an SAS and go as high as you want.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
6 inch procomp 3 inches from adjustable coilovers 3 inch body lift. 12 inch lift.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
6 inch procomp 3 inches from adjustable coilovers 3 inch body lift. 12 inch lift.
damn! That'd look CRAZY!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Jbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbizz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Jbizz's Tacoma Gallery
itd look so ridiculoushahah
Old 11-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
What is an SAS? and i don really want a body lift
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
taco masha has a spectacular aura abouttaco masha has a spectacular aura about
taco masha's Tacoma Gallery
you should try the SEARCH button or look around a bit

only 2 posts so im sure there is a lot out there you are missing

... not that i have a lot of posts, but i always search
Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
i have looked all over i dont just post to post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterLewis88 View Post
What is an SAS? and i don really want a body lift
if you dont know what a SAS is...

you probably shouldnt be lifting your truck yet. you obviously dont know much about trucks at ALL

do research. read. think logically. then report back.

good day.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
solid axle swap
Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Look up TW members GotLift37 and TacoRidinHigh. They both have had 9" lifts. (I say HAD because GotLift's truck was stolen a while back).
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
thanks for the postitive replys people.

and you mrtacomarotto (the most homo sexual name ever) i can not stand people like you that get on other people's post tryin to be smart i have done forgot more about trucks than you'll ever know. people like you need a life and dont just need to get on here to try to see who you can punk out on the computer because you wont do it in person.

well thanks again every one that is positive and not a dick head
Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #15
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterLewis88 View Post
thanks for the postitive replys people.

and you mrtacomarotto (the most homo sexual name ever) i can not stand people like you that get on other people's post tryin to be smart i have done forgot more about trucks than you'll ever know. people like you need a life and dont just need to get on here to try to see who you can punk out on the computer because you wont do it in person.

well thanks again every one that is positive and not a dick head
i feel like your a little angry there bud. chill man.

i never really thought my tag name was homo but if thats your opinion. thats fine.

im not really sure why your going to judge me by a single post either.

I'm also not sure what you mean by, "i have done forgot more about trucks than you'll ever know." but i suppose it means you know a lot about trucks...

all im saying bud is that if you are trying to lift your truck higher than 6 inches, its not a smart move or logical. The question you had about SAS was a little alarming because thats just basic knowledge and those two reasons are the things that made me say you need to do a little more research. but anyways. i think id have the same response in person and not just on the computer.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
to OP, moved to appropriate section.

to all, attitudes arent appreciated...there are other tacoma/toyota sites for that
Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
You should just go with a 6" Lift with 3" Coilovers with 37's. You could go with a SAC but that will put your truck out of commission for a while and it will cost a lot of money.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
And just for the record... A solid axle swap is not "Common Knowledge" as far as lifting trucks is concerned. That is on the exteme end of things (performance, height, cost). I would venture to say that half here have never heard of it, and even if given the tools, 95% here couldn't do one. its just not common in a community such as this one. Body, suspension, and drop bracket lifts is what you'll mainly see here. I'm not trying to step on any toes here either, just looking out for the little guy.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #19
TILTROD is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT Ret.
TILTROD's Tacoma Gallery
OK folks… fighting on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics you may walk away with the gold but your still a F-ing retard. And a solid axle swap is “common knowledge” from the first IFS truck some redneck tossed a 44 up under there. Just look at the TACO history pre 85 best off-road mini truck EVER. IFS was built for the street (to go over pot holes not big ol’ rocks).
Also I feel that this web site is for those who read the off road magazines for the articles not the cool ads.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TILTROD View Post
OK folks… fighting on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics you may walk away with the gold but your still a F-ing retard. And a solid axle swap is “common knowledge” from the first IFS truck some redneck tossed a 44 up under there. Just look at the TACO history pre 85 best off-road mini truck EVER. IFS was built for the street (to go over pot holes not big ol’ rocks).
Also I feel that this web site is for those who read the off road magazines for the articles not the cool ads.

ehh...but there are many TW members in those 4WD toyota magazine ads...