Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1/4" top plate spacer with bilstein 5100s?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
1/4" top plate spacer with bilstein 5100s?

Do you recommend adding a 1/4" top plate spacer to the drivers side when adding front bilstein 5100s? Is the tacoma lean going to be more noticeable with the 5100s @ 1.75? If I don't add the spacer and I going to regret it?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you use the stock springs, you wont need the spacer, as the OEM springs already account for the extra weight on the driver side.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you use the stock springs, you wont need the spacer, as the OEM springs already account for the extra weight on the driver side.
X2.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100's with the eibach and the 1/4 spacer but still have the lean but not as noticeable as before. Maybe 1/2 would be better not sure though.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks Chris! I didn't realize that.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
I have the 5100's with the eibach and the 1/4 spacer but still have the lean but not as noticeable as before. Maybe 1/2 would be better not sure though.
The 1/2" spacer would yeild 1" lift....Are you sure you need that much to compensate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGRG View Post
Thanks Chris! I didn't realize that.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I used the 1/4" one on the drivers side with my 5100's at 0.85 and eibach coils. It is exactly the same on both sides.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The 1/2" spacer would yeild 1" lift....Are you sure you need that much to compensate?

Your right Chris. I just did not have the 1/2" boost from my 1/4 spacer. The passenger side still little less than 1/2" higher. Every truck is different, so 1/2" spacer might be to much.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Your right Chris. I just did not have the 1/2" boost from my 1/4 spacer. The passenger side still little less than 1/2" higher. Every truck is different, so 1/2" spacer might be to much.
If its that much diff, I woud swap the shocks side to side, then see what the diff is.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Talking about swapping sides again.....
SHOCKS!!! you dooosh bag!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
Quote:
If its that much diff, I woud swap the shocks side to side, then see what the diff is.
Good idea!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Appears they didn't account enough. LoL

So...if you use the Ebach's, the 1/4" spacer is pretty much a must do?

How about just 5100's set @ .85 w/ stock coils? Get the 1/4" spacer here too?

hell...my truck only has about 1/4" lean, maybe I don't need a spacer?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Appears they didn't account enough. LoL

So...if you use the Ebach's, the 1/4" spacer is pretty much a must do?

How about just 5100's set @ .85 w/ stock coils? Get the 1/4" spacer here too?

hell...my truck only has about 1/4" lean, maybe I don't need a spacer?

The lean is more noticable when aftermarket springs are used. The OEM springs are side specific to deal with the extra weight of the driver side.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The lean is more noticable when aftermarket springs are used. The OEM springs are side specific to deal with the extra weight of the driver side.
As always...thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #16
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
With my truck as it was from the factory, my driver's side was 1" lower than the passenger's side. I put in the Billys at .85 and a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side and mine is now 1/4" lower on the driver's side, which isn't noticeable to the naked eye. A lot of it may depend on how many miles are on the factory spring. Mine had 82,000 on them. My advice is to measure your truck now. If it leans, put in the spacer. If it doesn't lean, don't.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #17
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
With my truck as it was from the factory, my driver's side was 1" lower than the passenger's side. I put in the Billys at .85 and a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side and mine is now 1/4" lower on the driver's side, which isn't noticeable to the naked eye. A lot of it may depend on how many miles are on the factory spring. Mine had 82,000 on them. My advice is to measure your truck now. If it leans, put in the spacer. If it doesn't lean, don't.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #19
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Toy Tec