Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

curing the taco lean

Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
curing the taco lean

I've searched around and can't seem to find any threads on this but heres the deal, I lifted my truck with billys set at 0 and ome 883 coils after about 2 weeks i noticed about 3/4" lean to the driver side so i got a .5" top plate spacer to fix it, it looked good for a while but about a month later it still has about .5" of lean. What I'm asking since i dont have adjustables is can you switch the sides of the coilovers to even out their wear on the coils with the uneven distribution of weight and possibly cure the lean?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I believe so.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i may have to end up trying it then if no one already has
Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Go on a diet, that may help.

Coils are not side specific
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Go on a diet, that may help.

Coils are not side specific
lol i eat 6-8000 calories a day and weigh 165
oh and i know they arent side specific just wonderin if itll cure the lean
Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
It should help to fix the problem if the springs are the same rate
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the advice, I'll talk to my shop about it
Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I didn't see anyone discuss the idea of adding a piece or two of 1/4" flat stock on top of the rear driver side leaf spring perch (actually attached to the bottom of the spring pack) in order to help correct the Taco lean. I have a piece of 2" x 1/4" flat stock cut into a 5" length with a 3/8" hole drilled in it (for the leaf spring centering pin) to act as a mini block spacer for the rear. I'll be under the truck removing the axle shims from each leaf pack, so I thought why not add the flat stock to the low side while I'm in there. Would this be a viable option, or is this a stupid and/or dangerous idea that will cause other issues?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I didn't see anyone discuss the idea of adding a piece or two of 1/4" flat stock on top of the rear driver side leaf spring perch (actually attached to the bottom of the spring pack) in order to help correct the Taco lean. I have a piece of 2" x 1/4" flat stock cut into a 5" length with a 3/8" hole drilled in it (for the leaf spring centering pin) to act as a mini block spacer for the rear. I'll be under the truck removing the axle shims from each leaf pack, so I thought why not add the flat stock to the low side while I'm in there. Would this be a viable option, or is this a stupid and/or dangerous idea that will cause other issues?
I used 1/2" flat stock aluminum in the same manner (on both sides) and it worked out fine. If you look @ HD dodges and Med-HD trucks (peterbuilts ect) they do it all the time.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
fat chicks in the passenger seat. Might get some strange looks but it works to cure the taco lean.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
I used 1/2" flat stock aluminum in the same manner (on both sides) and it worked out fine. If you look @ HD dodges and Med-HD trucks (peterbuilts ect) they do it all the time.
ae111black,
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking to use the flat stock on only one side (not both) in order to compensate for the lean. Do you think that will pose a problem since both leaf packs won't be the same?

On a side note, I like your sig! Some friends of mine came back from a trip to Hawaii with HE>I shirts. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
fat chicks in the passenger seat. Might get some strange looks but it works to cure the taco lean.
So you speak from experience?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you speak from experience?
Nope. No fat chicks.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ae111black,
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking to use the flat stock on only one side (not both) in order to compensate for the lean. Do you think that will pose a problem since both leaf packs won't be the same?

On a side note, I like your sig! Some friends of mine came back from a trip to Hawaii with HE>I shirts. Merry Christmas!
I think it will work. Referring to he>i U a follower too?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
I think it will work. Referring to he>i U a follower too?
Thanks, and yes, sir! As a husband, father, and individual living in this day & age I can't imagine trying to live without Him. ". . . The old has gone, the new is here!"
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed alot of people use the 1/4 top plate on driver side for their lean.

I don't have a lean, so why not use 1/4 oon each side for 3/4 more lift in the front
Old 12-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks, and yes, sir! As a husband, father, and individual living in this day & age I can't imagine trying to live without Him. ". . . The old has gone, the new is here!"
Sweet dude! Merry CHRISTmas!