Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Ultimate kit vs. Eibach kit

Old 11-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
nh_yota is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
nh_yota's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Ultimate kit vs. Eibach kit

What's the difference, other than the cost and minor nuts and bolts, between the Toytec Ultimate lift kit and the Eibach lift kit (both come with the 5100's)? Does the Ultimate kit offer more height? I'm deciding between the two and considering one is almost twice the cost of the other, I would like to know what the Ultimate lift kit offers over the Eibach kit.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
The ultimate kit has an adjustable collar so you can play with your ride height more, and offers 3" of lift or a bit more. The eibach one is a 5100, and an eibach 1.6" lift spring, and you can run the 5100's at the 0 setting and get 1.6" of lift, or bump it to the 0.85 setting and get about 2.5" of lift. You can't go any higher then the 0.85 setting with the eibach spring though or else your compressing the spring too much. I run the 5100's with the spring at the 0.85 setting and have just a bit over 2.5" on my d-cab short box 4x4. Rides excellent. I also just bought the 5100's from Down South Motorsports for $283, and then just purchased the spring seperate from Toytec...saved me about $100. Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
nh_yota is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
nh_yota's Tacoma Gallery
If I go with the Ultimate Lift and set it at 3", will I need to go with new UCA's to deal with the new suspension geometry? I don't have the money right now for UCA's, so I'm thinking maybe I can get the Ultimate kit and set it lower? Maybe 2"?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh_yota View Post
If I go with the Ultimate Lift and set it at 3", will I need to go with new UCA's to deal with the new suspension geometry? I don't have the money right now for UCA's, so I'm thinking maybe I can get the Ultimate kit and set it lower? Maybe 2"?

If you go through Toytec and order a UCA with the Ultimate lift kit, I believe they will give you a bit of a discount on the UCA. Call and ask them if they are still doing that. They were a month or so ago.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
The eibach one is a 5100, and an eibach 1.6" lift spring, and you can run the 5100's at the 0 setting and get 1.6" of lift, or bump it to the 0.85 setting and get about 2.5" of lift. I run the 5100's with the spring at the 0.85 setting and have just a bit over 2.5" on my d-cab short box 4x4.
I got a full 3" out of my eibachs/5100s @ .85 with 1/4" spacer on drivers side
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I have the eibach kit with bilsteins at .85 and I clear 285's with minor rubbing. Great ride, I love it.