Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OK to jack this part of chassis?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
OK to jack this part of chassis?

Hey, so I'm using another member's picture to ask this question. If you look at the picture below, to the left of the hydraulic jack is a crossmember. Well, I tried to jack from that point today and heard a lot of creaking, so I immediately dropped the lift. Is it OK to lift the truck with the jack from the crossmember? I hope I didn't bend it and messed up my alignment.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
I lift from that point all the time. The creaking you heard was probably just the suspension drooping. Wait for other to reply though don't take my word.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll wait for some more opinions. Yours is giving me a lil sigh of relief. lol
Old 11-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I personally would not jack from there. I would jack from the cross member just to the left of it
Old 11-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I do it, and its right

look at this
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ilea...06ta/00100.pdf
Old 11-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I personally would not jack from there. I would jack from the cross member just to the left of it
not what he was asking... read.

It's fine. That is where I have always jacked from, well until I got my sliders
Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats not a jack piont on the truck. You shouldnt jack from that spot. In the middle near the skid plate, you will see a jack point. Use that, and install safety supports on the frame.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats not a jack piont on the truck. You shouldnt jack from that spot. In the middle near the skid plate, you will see a jack point. Use that, and install safety supports on the frame.
That bubble thing with a hole in it? Mines bent
Old 11-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
That bubble thing with a hole in it? Mines bent
Yes.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #13
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Jack on the frame, rear axle, crossmember, not on suspension connections or control arms.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I do it, and its right

look at this
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ilea...06ta/00100.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTacoLuvr View Post
KUDOS, most don't know the basics...
The location for lifting, noted in the FSM, shows thats not a good spot to lift the truck.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Well then Get a lower jack, lol. I jack right at the cross member as well.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #18
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I got a aluminum low pro on from harbor freight for 100 bucks on sale with the 20% off.

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-p...ack-92782.html

wait til they go on sale.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
not what he was asking... read.

It's fine. That is where I have always jacked from, well until I got my sliders
If thats not what he is asking (of if thats a good spot to jack from), then why did you say that it was fine and thats where you jack from.

You make no sense.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I got a aluminum low pro on from harbor freight for 100 bucks on sale with the 20% off.

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-p...ack-92782.html

wait til they go on sale.
my craftsman was like...$80. and it included 2 jack stands and a creeper. lol.

but that jack actually looks pretty legit...2 ton low pro...thats a good price.