Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front End Vibe - Post Lift

Old 11-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
fatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
fatsac's Tacoma Gallery
Front End Vibe - Post Lift

Well, I opted for a Truxxx spacer lift for now and am actually very happy with the ride and alignment. Everything is exactly as before accept one issue: Front end vibration from 25 to 45 or so. It goes away in 4 wheel drive but comes back once back in 4x2. Could this be a bad differential bearing?
I am only at 34k and thankfully within warranty still.
Will they repair or claim void due to lift? The truck has maybe 30 miles with the kit in place. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
any kind of growling or groaning coming from the front end?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
fatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to beholdfatsac is a splendid one to behold
fatsac's Tacoma Gallery
The vibration is in the wheel, pedals, just about everywhere. It is almost like a groan, I guess. Flip to 4x4, gone. Flip back, comes back. ??
Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsac View Post
The vibration is in the wheel, pedals, just about everywhere. It is almost like a groan, I guess. Flip to 4x4, gone. Flip back, comes back. ??
im thinking front diff? anyone else?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same scenario after lifting mine with Bilsteins and 1.6" Eibach springs.

I did some reading and many people were guessing a front diff issue, so I returned the truck to stock height. No more vibes.

I didn't want to try a diff drop for fear of modifying the driveline angles even more.

My local dealership told me that any problems attributed to modifications would not be covered under warranty. While they didn't look at the truck and tell me that the vibes were due to my lift, I realize that the chance of them doing so were likely pretty high.

FWIW, I still enjoy the ride with my front shocks set to 0" lift with stock coils.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
fatsac's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit. Seems like there has to be a solution other than taking the lift off. The truck looks and rides great other than this!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
try a diff drop and see if they go away if not take it off