1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front End Vibe - Post Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by fatsac, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Nov 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    fatsac

fatsac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Millbury, MA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC Offroad
    Katz Leather, heated seats, Tint, KN Filter, OME 887, Camburg UCA, Dakar packs, 17x9 XD, 295/70 Toyo MT w cab mount chop, fender massage, Weathertechs, Black PC steps, skidplate, 2012 grill, Bushwacker painted flares, Nearly every TSB you can think of, TRD quickshift, All-Pro front w/ Skids, 9k winch, Tonneau cover, voodoo tailgate cap...
    Well, I opted for a Truxxx spacer lift for now and am actually very happy with the ride and alignment. Everything is exactly as before accept one issue: Front end vibration from 25 to 45 or so. It goes away in 4 wheel drive but comes back once back in 4x2. Could this be a bad differential bearing?
    I am only at 34k and thankfully within warranty still.
    Will they repair or claim void due to lift? The truck has maybe 30 miles with the kit in place. Thanks!

2. Nov 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    any kind of growling or groaning coming from the front end?

3. Nov 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    fatsac

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Millbury, MA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC Offroad
    Katz Leather, heated seats, Tint, KN Filter, OME 887, Camburg UCA, Dakar packs, 17x9 XD, 295/70 Toyo MT w cab mount chop, fender massage, Weathertechs, Black PC steps, skidplate, 2012 grill, Bushwacker painted flares, Nearly every TSB you can think of, TRD quickshift, All-Pro front w/ Skids, 9k winch, Tonneau cover, voodoo tailgate cap...
    The vibration is in the wheel, pedals, just about everywhere. It is almost like a groan, I guess. Flip to 4x4, gone. Flip back, comes back. ??

4. Nov 13, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    im thinking front diff? anyone else?

5. Nov 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    I had the same scenario after lifting mine with Bilsteins and 1.6" Eibach springs.

I did some reading and many people were guessing a front diff issue, so I returned the truck to stock height. No more vibes.

I didn't want to try a diff drop for fear of modifying the driveline angles even more.

My local dealership told me that any problems attributed to modifications would not be covered under warranty. While they didn't look at the truck and tell me that the vibes were due to my lift, I realize that the chance of them doing so were likely pretty high.

FWIW, I still enjoy the ride with my front shocks set to 0" lift with stock coils.

6. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    fatsac

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Millbury, MA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC Offroad
    Well shit. Seems like there has to be a solution other than taking the lift off. The truck looks and rides great other than this!

7. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    try a diff drop and see if they go away if not take it off

Products Discussed in

To Top