Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec coilovers with winch??

Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec coilovers with winch??

I've had the toytec coilovers on my truck for a while now and foolishly have decided to now get a plate bumper with winch, probably an allpro.

I know with my curent set up the front will sag, my questions are; do I need to replace my front coilovers and shocks? or can I swap out the coils with heavier ones? I really hate to have to replace the whole thing and now sell the toytecs.

Or can I still run the toytecs with the billy 5100's and just deal with the sag?

Please help me out here, I try not to post stupid questions but I cant find anything on this.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
I just received an email this morning for Toytec in a response to this same question which I asked them. They said the toytec coils are rated at 600lbs and should do just fine with bumper and winch. I think the super stiff OME coils that are available are about 650lb rating which would be my other option - OME lift is not adjustable though
Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Can't you just crank the coilovers up a little bit?
X2. Or do you have 5100's with just OME springs like the 885's?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2. Or do you have 5100's with just OME springs like the 885's?
Don't the Toyec lifts come with Eibach's rather than OME's?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Don't the Toyec lifts come with Eibach's rather than OME's?
Yeah they do but I'm just trying to figure out if he has the Ultimate Lift Kit or just 5100's with OME coils like how my setup is?
Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
They are the ULK coilovers that come assembled with the billy 5100. I thought about jacking the coils up to the full 3 inches, they're at 2.5 now. I dont know if that is an acceptable solution to this issue. i dont want to get the bumper and then have to correct my sagging front the "right" way when I could have done it the first time.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to put my input in. My front sags quite a bit after the front bumper and winch. Ive been looking for a beefier Coilover period, im probably going to go with Icon or King with a heavier spring.

I just wanted to say it will sag. Im pretty close to positive on that haha.