Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

question on lift kit

Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
question on lift kit

i want a lift kit that has everything i need that i wont have any big problems with no vibration etc.. i want 3 inch at the most and dont wanna spend over 600 max any help with this?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry but your asking for a lot. That's what everyone want's but there is no way to tell if you will have problems or vibrations before you lift your truck. I suggest if you don't want problems or vibrations don't lift your truck. There is almost always something else that needs to be done to the truck after a lift you just don't know what it is until the lift is done. And i wouldn't buy a lift kit per-say i would buy all the compositions to lift your truck the way you want to be and what you use it for.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
You gave us some guidance with the comment 3" AT THE MOST. You're willing to lift less than 3 full inches (good call!) and you wan the most trouble-free lift, am I right?

The most trouble free lift is a set of bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around, set at 1.75 (NOT 2.5!) in the front with a 1.5" Add-A-Leaf in the back.

If you do the install yourself, this will cost under 600.

Still, to echo JLee - there are never any gurantees once you move away from stock. Your money, your sweat-equity, your choices. No whining!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well i wouldnt min some vibration and stuff like that i was thinkin the 2.5 spacer from daystar amd 1.5 aal in the rear
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #6

thanks ill eventually upgrade to coilovers and more just need something to start off with
Old 11-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Save up and go with a new coilover setup. Or browse the buy/sell/trade section. And dont forget to utilize the search feature. Tons of info on this forum.