1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alot of bilstein 5100 questions.. help lol

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mickyd9990, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nov 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    mickyd9990

mickyd9990 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    marc
    ri
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma off road
    ive been thinking about this for a while.. with the winter coming and cash flowing in from selling one of my jet ski i think i might do it now.. just wanted some opionons

im looking at the kit offered by toytec.. bilstein 5100s all around with the aal in the rear..

so first question.. they offer a 1.5 and a 2 in aal.. i have stock suspension now.. i DO NOT have the tsb leafs.. so i plan on going 2.5 lift with the front bilsteins.. so im thinking the 2 in aal in the rear would bring it level.. correct??
    here is the kit
    389 plus 80 for the aal seems reasonable.. anyone get there setup cheaper anywhere else??

now ive read alot about the 5100s and correct me if im wrong it seems to be the easiest and simpleist way to add one or two inches.. i do not do alot of offroading.. i do some mild trails when i go camping/dirtbiking snowmobiling, but i do a ton of towing and hauling..so im not looking at building a huge lifted truck.. just trying to enhance the stance, while trying to keep the back from sagging under load so much.. is this route my best bet..

2. Nov 15, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    A 1.5" AAL will probably make the truck sit level, and the 2" would give you just a little bit of rake.

3. Nov 15, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I have that exact same set up, the 2" aal will give you rake.

4. Nov 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    mickyd9990

mickyd9990 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    marc
    ri
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma off road
    thanks guys

5. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    wrecklesstacoma

wrecklesstacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    05 toyota tacoma
    stock
    Question: truck is an 05 Tacoma 4x4 v6

My 5100's are on the way, with them set at 1.75 to level my truck out what is the biggest tire I can get on my stock 16 inch wheels to fit?

If i were to add a rear aal say 2 inches and billys set at 2.5 what size tire then.

Products Discussed in

To Top