Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting a 06.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
jswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jeremy
jswmsw10's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting a 06.

I just bought a 06 TRD DC. I'm looking to do a 3 inch and put some 33s under it.

My question is, buying the pro comp add a leaf in the rear I believe adds a 1.5" lift and increases the weught your able to haul. And for the front all I need is a 3 inch spacer right? With this set up my truck should sit level correct?

Also saw something bout a diff drop? Not sure what thats about either, guess im just asking what all is needed to add a 3 inch lift.. Thanks for the help
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I would never recommend a spacer....Get a real suspension lift. Either Bilstien 5100's with the small top plate or OME/Toytec ultimate/some other adjustable coilover.

The AAL does NOT increase the weight you can haul....That is determined by many things and upgrading one of them doesn't make you automatically a 1 ton truck.

You may or may not need a diff drop. If you go a full three inches it's likely you'll need Upper Control Arms.

Keep reading around the forum. There are plenty of threads where folks have listed out what they have purchased to make sure that have everything or folks have suggested full set ups. Your goals for the lift are important to what we recommend too. Are you doing it JUST for the tires or for offorad or what?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
5100's at 2.75 and the 1.5 aal from toytec might be what youre looking for.

I'm looking at the same setup
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
5100's at 2.75 and the 1.5 aal from toytec might be what youre looking for.

I'm looking at the same setup
2.5, not 2.75.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Woops, I thought it was 2.5.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
jswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the rough
So he bought the .5" spacer and 5100 shocks all the way around and a add a leaf in the rear. But are thosr factory front springs?? Where would I get the UCA from also.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswmsw10 View Post
So he bought the .5" spacer and 5100 shocks all the way around and a add a leaf in the rear. But are thosr factory front springs?? Where would I get the UCA from also.
check out down south motorsports. they'll have all the parts you'll need. talk to sonny and mention you're a TW forum member for a discount.

i put on some OME (old man emu) springs - the 885X ones to give me the lift in the front. the 5100's have more travel to accomodate the lift compared to the stock trd bilsteins.

i also slapped on the total chaos uca's which will allow you to properly align your front end after the lift.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Without the UCA can you not align every right?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
So the toytec 3 inch lift with the spacers and add a leaf is not a good idea? I can buy better shocks latrr on
Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswmsw10 View Post
So the toytec 3 inch lift with the spacers and add a leaf is not a good idea? I can buy better shocks latrr on
I would agree with Brunes' post above. No lift kit with spacers is a good idea imo.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
so UCA saw some Built Right that are cheaper than TC. 5100 shocks. OME springs..Small spacer .5". And 1.5" AAL?. This all correct? I guess just looking for a price range of all this lol

Also do I need the shocks right away or can they come later? Or could do 3 inch spacer lift kit from Toytec and purchase UCA later.