Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

35's and 3 inch lift on 2nd Gen.?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
35's and 3 inch lift on 2nd Gen.?

I want to put 35"s on my 2nd Gen; I plan on doing this with a 3" lift. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge, or, even better, pictures, of what cutting was necessary to fit the 35"s.

The truck will be taken on tough trails (Moab, etc).

Relentless did this with a "3.25inch lift". I see he cut the fender, but I would like to know what else must be cut?

Pic from RelentlessTaco:

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
cab chop, i dont think it would be possible with a stock bumper, the fender flare are going to want to come off, mine do right now with 285s. pinch weld modification and all kinds of trimming and cutting
Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
cab chop
Definition please?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lets stress this first as well, these wheel wells are not large enough for 33s, it takes a lot to make enough froom for 33s so i cant imagine what it would be like for 35s
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
the cab mount needs the be cut back.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
Definition please?
in the rear of the fenderwell there are mounts for the body cab and they come in contact with even 33 inch tires, lemme get a pick of the modification required

Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
the cab mount needs the be cut back.
Do you happen to know where I might find pictures of this?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
i hope you plan on re-gearing...
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
in the rear of the fenderwell there are mounts for the body cab and they come in contact with even 33 inch tires, lemme get a pick of the modification required

Thanks for the quick reply!

Which part has been cut? It's hard to see from the picture...
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Do you happen to know where I might find pictures of this?
the picture in my last post. It needs to be cut and a plate rewelded like in that picture, I dont have any of it original but just compare it to your truck.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
i hope you plan on re-gearing...
Maybe not right away, but it's on the list, would be next major mod after lift/big tires.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Long-travel kit with fiberglass fender flares. Too expensive for me, but it's badass
then 37s can fit. Here a link: http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...light=37's
Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe not right away, but it's on the list, would be next major mod after lift/big tires.
which lift do you plan on getting?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #16

I don't like the fiberglass look, plus that is way out of my budget. But 37's would be nice... with a regear, AND an additional transfer case.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #17

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't like the fiberglass look, plus that is way out of my budget. But 37's would be nice... with a regear, AND an additional transfer case.
You mean crawl box?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
which lift do you plan on getting?
Probably TC UCA's. Not sure about the coilovers/shocks yet. Dakkars in rear.

I want as much lift as possible, from that form factor. The truck will see serious trails, and need as much clearance as possible... which is why I'm not so keen on the 4.5/6" lifts.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #19

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
You are gonna need protection (no pun intended) before anything else.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
You mean crawl box?
Yes, otherwise known as transfer case: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfe...omplete-setups