Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New suspension ideas

Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
soccerkidbs is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
soccerkidbs's Tacoma Gallery
New suspension ideas

I am sick of my revtec lift and the crappy ride. I know everyone loves billy 5100 but I am looking for something different. I drive on the road 90% of the time but have to go on log roads and rough country every once and a while. Here is what I am thinking let me know if it will work thanks.

list:
Bilstein 7100's 10" of travel (Rear shocks)
Deaver J59 Leaf springs or All pro
SAW coilover 2.0 (front)

I am open to suggestions for front suspension and anything else. I am looking to spend around 1200. If I get the deavers they come with 2" shackles.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver springs will provide a great ride, but they do not support weight at all. For the front the SAW 2.0 is a decent shock, but doesn't really provide that great of a ride off-road, at least not when compared to a set of 2.5" SAWs, or ICONs. As far as the rear shocks, I don't have any experience with the 7100s. I would suggest just running a set of 5100s out back.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Deaver springs will provide a great ride, but they do not support weight at all. For the front the SAW 2.0 is a decent shock, but doesn't really provide that great of a ride off-road, at least not when compared to a set of 2.5" SAWs, or ICONs. As far as the rear shocks, I don't have any experience with the 7100s. I would suggest just running a set of 5100s out back.
X2 i think the 7100's are over kill for what your using the truck for. You might want to look into the AllPro Baja leaf and 5125's that should give you a great ride on fire roads and what not. Now I don't know the load limits on them. I'm picking up the AllPro Expos in a 2 weeks I'll let you know how they are when i get them installed.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
soccerkidbs is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
soccerkidbs's Tacoma Gallery
I agree the 7100's are over kill but I can get a almost new set for 90 bucks. I was also looking at a set of 5150's that I can get for 100.

Jlee let me know how those work out. I might go with that same pack but hope they dont ride to rough. They seem like a great deal at 25% off.