Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

coilover questions

Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
kam will become famous soon enoughkam will become famous soon enough
kam's Tacoma Gallery
coilover questions

some of you already know i have been back and fourth with lifts.. i have a 1st gen prerunner. i'm gonna take the bullet and get coilovers.. the coilovers i'm looking at are the icons or even kings... i hear the icons are made just for tacoma trucks.. not to sure about the kings.. now for the rear whats the big advantage with the reservoir? here is a link to the icon lift i'm looking at. http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...-%252d-Stage-2

now with the icons am i going to be able to take a decent load in the back? couple of dirtbikes?

basiclly my questions are as follows...

is this lift going to be making the truck sit even?
how are the coilovers with an off road bumper up front?
say i want about 3 inches wider stance up front how can i obtain that?
will i be able to get about 3 1/4" lift from the front without new uca?
another question i have is what is the difference between standard and extended travel?? i'm guessing that the extended travel setup is for people with long travel setups?
PS - about 6 months down the road i will end up getting new UCA

the reason why i'm going back and fourth is because this is a nice chunk of change for a college student.. i wanna make sure i don't just toss my coins out there.

i also really appreciate all of the help that i have already gotten...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any shocks with resi's will not fade as quickly or at all. It is all about how hard you run the shocks.

Coilovers will run softer with a offroad bumper (heavier ones) and will decrease the lift therefore requires more preload.

3" with a wider stance means you need to either get wheels with more BS to stick out further, get wider tires, or get wheel spacers.

why do you want more than 3"? that will give you a shitty ride because your limiting your down travel. (unless you go with extended travel and UCA's)

standard = stock travel. extended travel can yield ~.5 to 1" increased travel with proper UCA's. No extended travel is not for LT, LT shocks are for LT.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
kam's Tacoma Gallery
so would i be able to go with the extended travel setup without replacing my uca's right away?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
kam's Tacoma Gallery
also will that aal in that link be able to support a nice size load?