Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Info about Light Racing UCA's.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Info about Light Racing UCA's.

So with all the pain in the ass I'm having getting my truck aligned even half decent after my lift, I'm considering some UCA's...the Light Racing ones. I don't off road, so these should be good, correct? When I get them I just need to set them at the 0 setting to increase my caster right? How about the camber? (the area of concern for me right now). Some insight on what to do with these would be appreciated, as I did some searching, and couldn't dig up a lot.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
they come with a paper to tell you(or the alingment shop)which position is what degree.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll be installing them myself, and heard that I need to put them on the 0 setting...does that take care of the camber, and caster?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
From what I have researched they are fine for your use and even better for you since you are in the North. They are slightly sealed with a boot unlike my TC UCA's that are wide open to salt/sand/mud. I don't think you will get as much travel with them, but again that's not what you are looking for so I think you will be great with these. If I was as north as you are or in a desert I would go with them due to the boot. I only slightly researched these so beware of my info. Google them and tons of info from other forums should pop up.
I have seen no evidence that LR has less travel than TC UCAs. Light Racing ball joint have much more travel than the factory ball joints.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running them for over a year with no issues at all. Increased travel, better alignment, no maintenance, and one of the cheaper UCAs out there.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #6

How are your set? Are they at 0 with the writing on the brass piece facing out? Easy to install? I installed my lift myself, so I figure I can handle the UCA's as well...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
How are your set? Are they at 0 with the writing on the brass piece facing out? Easy to install? I installed my lift myself, so I figure I can handle the UCA's as well...
I set mine with the Ball joint rotated back one notch to help clear my coil springs at full droop. The alignment shop had no problem getting it in spec like that.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
the adjustments are for when they put it on the lift and do the alignment. Thats all. The 0 is just a neutral setting so when they do start your alignment they dont have to put it back to 0 and start from there, its already at 0.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #9

But at the 0 is it already providing more caster adjustment right off the bat? Like with a 2.6" lift where is the best place to set it at? I don't want to leave it to the alignment guys...there is nobody around here that will know how to do that kind of stuff, so I'll have to make it easy for them.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
phidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of lightphidauex is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sam
phidauex's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately I think you'll have to leave it to them - nothing in suspension is absolute - there is no setting that you know will be right from the beginning. I would leave it at the neutral-most setting, then they will have to take it from there.

-Sam
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Fabian , not sure it helps but I bought the LR UCA's ( not installed yet ), they come with a ' chart ' showing how the positioning of them relates to your alignment .

Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #16

Awesome, thanks guys. I have the truck in for another alignment today just to see if they can get it better... had one on Friday, and they set the camber WAY too high, and at full lock going up a driveway, etc it is rubbing on the back of my lower a-arm, and frame a bit. I think I will def need some UCA's.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #18

No, not sure I will need them now. Had Toyota redo my alignment, and I'm happy with it for now. They got my caster/ camber to very acceptable numbers. I guess I'll have to see if I really need them in the future, but with Christmas right around the corner, I'd rather have the $400 in my pocket right now.