I know I'm poking the beast with this question as there are hundreds of similar threads asking basically the same question. But the more I read...the less uncertain I am with every "decision" I make and then un-make. I think I need folks to address MY specific questions/wants to help me with this.
I have an 05' Sport Access cab. I've bought 16" rims to replace the stock 17" (I am in bad need of new tires anyway). I'll be putting larger tires on so it's LIFT time for my truck. I've been researching on this site for months. I know nearly everything there is to know about Tacoma lifts. I have all the info and don't know what to do with it. I can't tell you how many build threads I am following!
So given these criteria below...which kind of lift would you recommend for me. Not sure if I should go w/ a coil lift or coilovers. I don't want a rough ride or vibes.
1) 3" of lift...no more wanted.
2) #1 requirement is to preserve or enhance highway ride quality.
3) I'm willing to spend $$$ money to get good equipment...but don't want to install way more ability than I'll use.
4) I know I want Total Chaos UCAs.
4) I really want to get it right the first time.
5) I don't need huge clearance or travel.
6) Leaning toward adjustable coilovers for the front.
7) Considering: ICON, King, Fox, Bilstien.
8) Rear will proabably be leaf pack not just aal (which one do you like).
9) Where should I get what you suggest?
I don't wheel just to wheel; I wheel to get to places to hike/camp/etc. But I do this regularly and it is remote, I'm alone, and sometimes it's pretty tough. I want good stuff off-road that rides very nicely on the highway. I drive a 70/30 higway/off-road split. I have to drive 100-200 mi. of highway to get to the places that I get off-road. I know this is a tired subject, but I'll be deeply appreciative of your insights and experiences.