Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bed Noise??

Old 11-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
r0ckymountain will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
r0ckymountain's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Noise??

Ok, I had a loud clunk when going over minor bumps etc. and at first contributed it to the tailpipe and I installed a new gasket. Well it seemed to help some but now after checking the tailpipe it is tight there still loud clunk sounds when going over potholes bumps etc. Is it the leaf springs? The springs are my thought as when I hook my trailer on I don't hear them anymore. Is there something to do or it it the nature of the beast? Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckymountain View Post
Ok, I had a loud clunk when going over minor bumps etc. and at first contributed it to the tailpipe and I installed a new gasket. Well it seemed to help some but now after checking the tailpipe it is tight there still loud clunk sounds when going over potholes bumps etc. Is it the leaf springs? The springs are my thought as when I hook my trailer on I don't hear them anymore. Is there something to do or it it the nature of the beast? Thanks
You might be bottoming out. Check the strike pads for marks from the bump stops.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
this thread sounds derty.could be the leafs or shocks,have you checked all the bolts to make sure there tight?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
This might be totally unrelated, but do you have a trailer receiver hitch on your hitch mount? This will cause a clanking noise going over bumps since they are by nature a little bit loose. If this is the case, a cedar shim will fix your noise. Seems like a possiblity also considering the noise disappears when you trailer...
Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
r0ckymountain will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
r0ckymountain's Tacoma Gallery
bed noise

Thanks for the thoughts, Might pull the hitch out and check for noise then hadn't thought of that one.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i bet its your hitch then
Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
99% sure it's your ball hitch. Mine clunks like a motherf***er.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
On my '05, one of the 4 bed bolts was a bit loose... tightened up, and the rattle was gone... Try it (need a special socket fitting)!