Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Yes another darn 5100 question

Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
Yes another darn 5100 question

Sorry guys I know it's an old topic...

I have 5100's on order from DSM. I have 265/75/R16 tires. I have had the rear spring TSB done and have a canopy on. What setting should I set my front shocks to level it out? Is there any good step by step picture instructions on the complete job. Most I saw left some steps out.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Mines set at 1.75 with rear tsb and its about level. Recently i think the tsb has settled a bit and the nose is slightly higher, could just be me though. Id go with the .85 setting if i were you
Old 11-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Mines set at 1.75 with rear tsb and its about level. Recently i think the tsb has settled a bit and the nose is slightly higher, could just be me though. Id go with the .85 setting if i were you
This is why I'm contemplating coilovers or Eibachs and Billy's set to 0.

I've read enough threads about the usual 1.75 + TSB tending to look slightly nose high, add a cap / canopy or a load in the bed and I think you'll be hitting nose high territory. An add a leaf with this setting may negate the issue, but you still only have preset Billy increments to work with.

With Billy's alone the only other option is .85 which may not get you that perfect level setting you're looking for.

Supposedly Eibachs and Billy's set to 0 will raise you about 1.5" up front which may be perfect....but....with coilovers you could set yourself up at 1.25" and have a perfect blend of level and insurance you won't go nose high with a load / towing.

Anyone think I'm more retarded than usual ?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Pretty sure I got a bit more than 1.5 out of the bachs and billies at 0
Yeah, I don't have first hand experience, just from what I've read of others experiences.

What'd you figure your Eibach + Bilstein lifted you ? How did it level you ? Do you have the TSB or an add a leaf ?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
how about this. do the 5100's alone rasie the front end with the stock springs? or do you need new springs? nnoottt to thread jack
Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm perfectly level with 1.75" up front and TSB rear. Because of your cap, I would go with 0.85 up front.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
0.85" will look like its stock, if you go with 1.75 and put anything in the back, especially since you have a cap, it will be nose high, headlights up
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Just had mine done at 1.75 with TSB look at the Avatar
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have my front set at 1.75 w/ a 2in AAL in the back. I sit completely level until I add something to the bed. I do alot of towing/hauling and if I had to do it again, I would have them set at .85 so when in tow/haul I'm level.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I have my front set at 1.75 w/ a 2in AAL in the back. I sit completely level until I add something to the bed. I do alot of towing/hauling and if I had to do it again, I would have them set at .85 so when in tow/haul I'm level.
How do you sit level with 1.75" up front and 2" in the back? Truck would have to be nose-high from the factory to do that, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
How do you sit level with 1.75" up front and 2" in the back? Truck would have to be nose-high from the factory to do that, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
My factory rear leafs are shot. My truck has always bottomed out even since new, and the dealer wouldn't do the TSB.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
My factory rear leafs are shot. My truck has always bottomed out even since new, and the dealer wouldn't do the TSB.
Ohh, Gotcha
Old 11-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 with TSB def! Mines actually has a .5" rake with this setup. I think ppl think it looks nose high because the hood is taller than the bed. Look at it. The measurements dont lie!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #15
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I rock the 1.75 setting right now and like it. Going to a full 3in in a little for a bigger tire though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-removal.html

What I used made it easy.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
1.75" at 3rd notch would be perfect.

So this is the 1.75" notch right? The way they come from the factory.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Borrowed from Down Souths site..........Will delete upon request

Thanks! I thought so but just wanted to double check.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #19
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 5100's at 1.75" with no rear TSB and my front sits .5" higher than the rear. There's just too many variables in play to say definitively which setting you should run, having the TSB and a canopy. You really need to measure how it sits now.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #20
joe812 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joe
joe812's Tacoma Gallery
How much does the cap weigh?

I have an ARE LSII tonneau cover and they said it weighs about 90 lbs. I have the rear TSB and want to get 5100's set at 1.75", but now I am wondering.... I guess I need to take some measurements.