Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

shackle bolt size?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
shackle bolt size?

Search turned up nothing on this so I'm going to ask. What size are the shackle bolts on the 1st gen trucks? I bought a 1.25 shackle kit with grease able bolts and bushings but I can not get the old bushings out of the leaf spring. So I'll just buy new stock size bolts and just not use the new bushings.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
I suppose nobody knows? I'll just figure it out then post my findings so that in the future others will know.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Air Force:
the stock shackles bolts are both pressed in. I can not reuse them on my new shackle kit. therefore I need to run out and get a new bolt the same size as the stocker cause it has to fit inside of the metal sleeve of the leafspring bushing.
Anyhow, just went to the hardware store and brought the nut and the new lift shackle with my and got a bolt and nut that works.