1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifted my truck.. got a few questions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Vicious, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nov 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    Vicious

Vicious [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    PA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport DC 6 speed
    3inch Revtek lift with aal for the rear, AFE stage 2 cai, 18inch moto metal 951b's with 285/60 nitto terra grapplers
    Well today i put my 3inch revtek lift on and it went on pretty smoothly except for installing my diff drop... I couldnt get the bolts to even budge. It dont look like my driveline angles are really stressed and was wondering if i could get away from it. I also ripped ripped 2 small holes in both my tie rod end dust covers (used a spliter) and was wondering if there is a company that sells a replacement. I was told that you can try to patch it... but not real sure. I repacked them full of grease for the time being until i figure out what to do. Thanks for any help

Keith

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    most people dont use the dif drop unless they develope vibes.mine didnt do nothing either way.

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    Best not to mess with your diff unless you absolutely have to (i.e., vibes or excessive CV angles). Diff drops don't always help and sometimes cause more harm than good. I would search some threads about this before proceeding.

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    Vicious

Vicious [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    PA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport DC 6 speed
    3inch Revtek lift with aal for the rear, AFE stage 2 cai, 18inch moto metal 951b's with 285/60 nitto terra grapplers
    I took it for a test drive and have no vibratioin. Im very happy with the way it drives and handles... what do you guys think i should do about the tie rod end boots?

Products Discussed in

To Top