Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifted my truck.. got a few questions?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Vicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Vicious's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted my truck.. got a few questions?

Well today i put my 3inch revtek lift on and it went on pretty smoothly except for installing my diff drop... I couldnt get the bolts to even budge. It dont look like my driveline angles are really stressed and was wondering if i could get away from it. I also ripped ripped 2 small holes in both my tie rod end dust covers (used a spliter) and was wondering if there is a company that sells a replacement. I was told that you can try to patch it... but not real sure. I repacked them full of grease for the time being until i figure out what to do. Thanks for any help

Keith
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
most people dont use the dif drop unless they develope vibes.mine didnt do nothing either way.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Best not to mess with your diff unless you absolutely have to (i.e., vibes or excessive CV angles). Diff drops don't always help and sometimes cause more harm than good. I would search some threads about this before proceeding.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Vicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to beholdVicious is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Vicious's Tacoma Gallery
I took it for a test drive and have no vibratioin. Im very happy with the way it drives and handles... what do you guys think i should do about the tie rod end boots?