Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting my truck question on front end diff drop

Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Lifting my truck question on front end diff drop

So I recently bought some walker evens 2.5 coilovers and a pair of north west off road rear leafs. I've since installed them and I've been wondering if anyone knows of a quality brand of a diff drop only not the whole front and back lift just the diff drop itself. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
So I recently bought some walker evens 2.5 coilovers and a pair of north west off road rear leafs. I've since installed them and I've been wondering if anyone knows of a quality brand of a diff drop only not the whole front and back lift just the diff drop itself. Thanks for your help.
diff drops dont work. Toytec makes a kit but it only rotates the diff. doing nothing. Some argue the diff drop drops the diff 1/4" but even so 1/4" drop at the diff only = .4 degrees difference. not enough to help.

2 negative effects of the diff drop is 1. it lowers your diff mounts which can make them vulnerable. (ask MJP2) 2. it rotates the rear of the diff upward which raises the pinion side of the diff which means less oil to the pinion, not the best option.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
diff drops dont work. Toytec makes a kit but it only rotates the diff. doing nothing. Some argue the diff drop drops the diff 1/4" but even so 1/4" drop at the diff only = .4 degrees difference. not enough to help.

2 negative effects of the diff drop is 1. it lowers your diff mounts which can make them vulnerable. (ask MJP2) 2. it rotates the rear of the diff upward which raises the pinion side of the diff which means less oil to the pinion, not the best option.
Alright thanks. I've also seen the allpro Chromoly upper a arms and it says it's supposed to correct suspention geometry on liffted applications but I wasn't sure what exactly they ment. Know of any other ways to help my cvs out at all.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
Alright thanks. I've also seen the allpro Chromoly upper a arms and it says it's supposed to correct suspention geometry on liffted applications but I wasn't sure what exactly they ment. Know of any other ways to help my cvs out at all.
the UCA's wont do anything for the cv angles. Depending on your lift, 2.5" is optimal 2.75" max before the cvs get pissed lol.

biggest limit of the ifs is the cvs. not much you can do...

RCV makes CVs that can handle greater angles than stock but are very pricey.