Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Are 1" aal available?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
markc6606 is on a distinguished road
markc6606's Tacoma Gallery
Are 1" aal available?

Hey All,
I've been doing quite a bit of searching but havent quite found anything. I was looking to lift the rear of my 2010 dc another inch or so and was searching around for an extra leaf to accomplish this. All i seem to find are 1.5 or 2" leafs
I've got a set of 1" blocks but I'm trying to avoid them, plus I'd like the extra load capacity. I've had the rear spring tsb done , but still would like a little extra.
Does anyone know of a vendor that sells these or are they a custom fab that would be too expensive? Really don't want to go to a 1.5 and possibly have the truck come up that much. I've got billy's all the way around now withe the front set to 1.75 and the truck sits pretty much level with my heavy job box in back. I don't want drastic rake back just slightly higher out back.
I would appreciate any suggestions or opinions. Thanks alot. Members on TW are the best. Be lost without you guys
Old 11-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
A local spring shop should be able to make a pair for ya.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Thanks Chris think there's a shop close to me in conshohocken I'll try them. Is there anything special you can think of that I should bring up to them when I ask about them? Again I really don't want a lot of added lift.
What are your feelings on the blocks I already have? They would prolly give me the lift I want but I've been reading horror stories here bout them.
I used to run them no problems on my old K-5's and F-250s years ago but I know the tacomas are different animals, This is my third. Most of my offroading is from entering some pretty ripped up construction sites everyday, so I'm not too concerned about breaking a block. More bout the added spring wrap. Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc6606 View Post
Thanks Chris think there's a shop close to me in conshohocken I'll try them. Is there anything special you can think of that I should bring up to them when I ask about them? Again I really don't want a lot of added lift.
What are your feelings on the blocks I already have? They would prolly give me the lift I want but I've been reading horror stories here bout them.
I used to run them no problems on my old K-5's and F-250s years ago but I know the tacomas are different animals, This is my third. Most of my offroading is from entering some pretty ripped up construction sites everyday, so I'm not too concerned about breaking a block. More bout the added spring wrap. Thanks
I know a couple folks who have run blocks with out an issue, but it does tend to exacerbate axel wrap. As for the AAL, Have them make the AAL long (about 2" shorter than the spring clamps on the existing pack), and have about 1/16" more arch on the driver side to help account for the extra weight and you should be golden
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Thanks man!! I'll check it out this week. Hope they're reasonable.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Hey mark, did you ever look further into doing the custom 1" aal's? I am thinking of doing this, as I also don't want a full 1.5" in back.