Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help: Front drivers side suspension squeaking

Old 11-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Help: Front drivers side suspension squeaking

A little while ago i heard a squeaking from my drivers side front suspension area. At first i thought it was somthing with the engine but later realized it was in fact the suspension.

What I know: It is only on the drivers side, it only happens when moving. It happens both when braking and not braking. It does not make the noise when the truck is parked and i bounce the front end. I checked the lug nuts and thoes appear to be all tightened. The steering does not seem jumpy or loose or broken in anyway. Everything drives like normal, there is just a loud squeaking noise.

Does anyone know what this could be and if there is an easy fix?

I have stock front suspension and the truck is a 99 x cab 2wd
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt in the springs. Spray as good as you can with a pressure washer, and see if that helps. Only spray the coil.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a stone stuck between rotor and the caliper on the brakes???or your pads are down to the skreech indicators????