Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Leaf Pack Help

Old 11-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
theUtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
theUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf Pack Help

Hows everyone doin. I bought my Tacoma used back in March. Its an 05 D-cab SR5 4x4 manual and appeared to be stock despite the rear bilstein 5100's. Since then I have added the front billys and set them at the 1.75" notch. It sits perfectly level. The once thing that I noticed was that the rear leaf pack has 8 leafs?? I am a little bit confused as I thought that tacomas came with either the 3 or 4 leaf packs. If anyone could help me identify what type of leaf pack this is it would be really apreciated. Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
pics? any writing or any info stamped on the top leaf?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that's a stock pack. They usually come with 3 leafs, 4 if TSB equipped
Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Weird I couldnt find a stamp or anything else on the leaf pack..

Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
deaver?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
I thought that the alcan and deavers usually provided like a 2 or 3 inch lift?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Damn well anyways do you think it would be ok to add a Toytec AAL to this because I plan on raising the front to 2.5" pretty soon.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver J66s provide 1.5" of lift, but once they settle or have been worked they come down to 1". The deavers I had were down to 1" and that may be the case with your set.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
Thanks Manny. They look indentical and the 1 inch would make sense as height wise they appear to be similar to the TSB leaf springs. So with that said, would the toytec AAL be ok on this setup?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
no i dont think the toytec aal would even work, but double check.