POLL: OME vs TOYTEC vs ICON

View Poll Results: Which suspension?
OME 57 33.93%
Toytec 44 26.19%
ICON 45 26.79%
other 22 13.10%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
POLL: OME vs TOYTEC vs ICON

Like it says ive got it narrowed down. 3in of lift.
OME- cheapest
Toytec-middle price
Icon-FML expensive

All the lift is he same basically.

With the OME and Toytec I would probably just get the LRUCAs and for the Icon I would get some of some kind.

Basically whats your opinion for my best bet. Daily driver with a little offroading on occasion.

My rear leafs need to be replaced too but I think I will probably change those out a little later and use an AAL for now unless i can get a deal on some wheeler5 packs or alcans8.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
If all you do is the occassional wheeling, then I'd just go with Billies and an AAL. And a 1/4" top plate spacer to get the full 3".
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Just depends on how hard you're gonna beat on the suspension. And why only Icon for coilovers? What about Sway a way, fox, king? They all offer extended travel options for similar price? You will need a uniball UCA like TC or Camburg for the coilovers, so figure $1500+ for that option. It will soak up big hits and take a beating MUCH better than the cheaper options though.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the ToyTec, I've ridden in a truck with OME quite a bit and I have ICON. From my experience the IVD coils are far superior to the others and they aren't too much more.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
If all you do is the occassional wheeling, then I'd just go with Billies and an AAL. And a 1/4" top plate spacer to get the full 3".
I would go with this option if you don't do much offroading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
Just depends on how hard you're gonna beat on the suspension. And why only Icon for coilovers? What about Sway a way, fox, king? They all offer extended travel options for similar price? You will need a uniball UCA like TC or Camburg for the coilovers, so figure $1500+ for that option. It will soak up big hits and take a beating MUCH better than the cheaper options though.
I don't think SAW/ Camburg come in extended travel for the OE replacement coilovers but I could be wrong.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Of the 3 I would choose Icon without a doubt. But it all depends on what you want to do. If it is just a lift and casual wheeling then get Billies and save your money.

I love my Kings and would not trade those for anything.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Icons are by far the best of the 3 but completely unnecessary unless you're actually wheeling a lot.

I drive 100 highway miles a day and when it's not winter I spend my weekends wheeling; so for me, OME was perfect. Vast improvement over stock and affordable.

My vote is for OME Nitrochargers & coils, and a Dakar pack for the rear.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Icon is your highest quality stuff out of that batch by far...but if you only do minor offroading, there's really no way to justify that extra price. Just go OME.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
OME is good, I had it, I moved up to coilovers (FOX) and the ride is about the same but offroad it is so much better.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna have a combo lift haha!

Billy 5100 front shocks with OME 885s springs and a Toytec 2" AAL for the rear.

Currently i'm running a Fat Bobs 1 1/2" AAL and a 3" front spacer...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
sloancallaway is on a distinguished road
Name: Sloan
sloancallaway's Tacoma Gallery
my advice is go with the toytec and upgrade it to the icon in the front, I believe it is only about a $200 upgrade, but dont quote me on that figure
Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Is the toytec that much better than the OME or just getting the billies? Im thinking of just getting that then eventually replacing my rear leafs when i save some more
Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
Slamry

From my personal experience the ToyTec and OME are very close performance wise.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #16

mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
$300 dollar worth of a difference? Lol
Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #18
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
Like it says ive got it narrowed down. 3in of lift.
OME- cheapest
Toytec-middle price
Icon-FML expensive

All the lift is he same basically.

With the OME and Toytec I would probably just get the LRUCAs and for the Icon I would get some of some kind.

Basically whats your opinion for my best bet. Daily driver with a little offroading on occasion.

My rear leafs need to be replaced too but I think I will probably change those out a little later and use an AAL for now unless i can get a deal on some wheeler5 packs or alcans8.
no. they are not at all

OME: good performance shocks and coils but are not a rebuildable, and are not an adjustable coilover

toytec: overpriced bili 5100 shock slapped together with a collar and eibach spring. crap.

Icon: arguably the best OE replacement CO, adjusatble, re-valveable, re-buildable race style shock
Old 11-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #19

mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
k so ruling otu Icon, OME vs Toytec...do I really need UCAs thad bad or is it worth buying replacement leafs? Also anyone know about the Dakar leafs you can buy from toytec along with the ultimate lift package? or is the wheeler5 pack or alcan8 better?