1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

im sorry, but i just want to be sure

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TheHansen, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nov 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    TheHansen

TheHansen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    Im ready to lift my 05.

current measurements
    FL=20" FR=20.5
    LR=21.25" RR= 21.75
    all are +- ~.1"

i don't have the tsb ( I did try )

What im looking at now.
    - 5100s @ 1.75 ( from DSM... the rest from toytec)
    - 1/4" top plate for lean
    - 1.5" or 2" aal
    - front shock replacement bushing/washer kit

I originally planed on doing a full OME setup. But with the cost of getting UCA's i opted out. I don't want to get 3 in and have alignment issues because i do a lot of highway driving. I also don't want 3 in because my tires only have about 6-7 K on them.

But...
    If i decide this isnt enough lift, i could just get either eibach's(@.85) or ome 885's(@0) in the future (2 years?) along with UCA's

I am just stuck between the 1.5 and 2 in aal right now ( i know its only a 1/2" difference, but im not used to having this many options for lift. ( used to have an 02 dakota lifted with torsion bar keys and a block). So any suggestion with that is fine if you want.

I just want to be sure that this is all i need for now, and this would be a good way to go for piecing together a lift over time ( if i even decide to go higher)

Oh, and i can get free alignments, so that's not an issue.

i appreciate u taking your time to read all this ( i know lift questions have been asked way to many times )

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you decide to go higher you wouldn't need new springs. You could just run the billy's at 2.5 instead of 1.75.

3. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    i considered that, it will depend on how stiff the ride is at 1.75, if its not bad that's probably the route i would take....

I'm Kinda going for the stance of your truck from looking around but i cant get the tsb

I just want to be sure b4 i click checkout... but i'm not missing anything right?

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    If you want a stance like mine then definately get the 1.5" AAL rather than the 2". The tsb adds about 1 inch to the rear.

5. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    And yes tat's all you need for now. I'd consider getting 5100's for the rear too at some point.

6. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    ya im getting all 4 5100's sry i didn't add that in.

Thanks, just had to be sure b4 ordering.

7. Nov 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    I went thru this dilemma too. I had plans to lift my front 2.5" with 5100's, and I wanted to maintain as much of my stock nose-low ride attitude as possible, so I got a 2" AAL (no TSB). But if you are gonna stay at 1.75" (even with a 1/4" spacer on the drivers side) I would probably go with the 1.5" AAL, simply because you don't need to get the back that high with that amount of front lift, and the higher you lift the back the greater the likelihood of encountering secondary issues, live drive shaft vibes. Fortunately, AAL's are relatively cheap and easy to install and un-install, so if you do something and decide you don't like it, it's not the end of the world to trade the AAL's for another set.

8. Nov 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    TheHansen

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    Ordered it all last night 1.5" aal. With my measurements it should put me at around 1" higher in the rear than the front. Cant wait.

I plan to add to this and make it ~3" in front in the future. I just cant afford the UCA's right now, and i am going to have these 265/65/17 tires for a while as they are almost brand new.

Products Discussed in

To Top