Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME or Bilstein

Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
hey505 will become famous soon enough
hey505's Tacoma Gallery
OME or Bilstein

90% on road 10% off road .. need something for usfs trails, nothing to crazy..and every day street and freeway driving,,what would be the best 2" suspension lift..OME or Bilstein ?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
harder to get 2" with OME, i'd just do the 5100s
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I had the 5100s with the Eibach 1.5" springs set at .85 on my 09 prerunner worked great, my son bought the truck and I got 10 4X4 and installed the OME 885 springs and shocks with a 1.5" AAL and it is great.
Can't go wrong with either.
Just remember if you use the stock springs with the 5100s the more preload you add (the higher you put the circlip on the shock body) the stiffer the ride will be. The OME springs are stiffer but longer so the ride is better in my opinion.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
I do a lot of off-roading and have the ARB front bumper which adds 200lbs + 100lbs for my 10k winch. So with 300 added pounds on the front I have the OME 886 springs and OME 90000 shocks, in back OME DAKAR Leaf Springs CSO47R and OMEN182 shocks. I recomend the OME because my Bilstein shocks folded over and my stock rear leafs broke:

compare these bilstein rear shocks to OME:

Stock leafs with AAL compared to OME Leafs:

Old 11-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #5
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
OME Front :

Stock front:
Old 11-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
jswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jeremy
jswmsw10's Tacoma Gallery
Rich what kinda set up you running? Im lookin for a 3" lift or near 3" for my 33s
Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
Navy:
Check www.trdparts4u.com , go to
For Accessories
Select Vehicle -> then put in Toyota, Tacoma, Year and click OFFROAD then click "suspension kits" or "suspension components"
(This is Toyota of Dallas, Texas) They used to sell on ebay, not sure if they still do.
As you see in the photos, I have an ARB front bumper (200LBS) with a T-Max 10,000Lb winch (100LBS), Up Front: OME Nitrocharger Shocks with OME 886 Springs, I added toytec 1/2" spacer on top because of sagging in front after 2 years with the extra 300LBS on the front. Note: I have the old style OME 886 springs which sag after a while. The new OME2886 springs are designed not to sag. Go figure! in the back I have OME DAKAR Leaf Springs CSO47R (OME offers extra leaf sping kit D29XL for extra 3/4" of lift, but I did not use it.) I also used OLD MAN EMU Rear Shocks. Note: I did not use a center bearing drop kit, but I did put the toytec 3 degree shim kit to angle my rear differential up. I have the long bed and it has less angle because of the longer driveshaft. I contacted ARB USA who sells all the main items through dealers around the country, they named 2 dealers here in PA, but then I would have to pay sales tax. So by using ebay and an out of state dealer online (Toyota of Dallas, Texas), I did not have to pay sales tax. Note: Shipping from even a local dealer was the same, it is a set shipping cost anywhere in the US. (Drop shipped from ARB USA in the state of Washington.) I did not need to extend my Brake lines as they may suggest. Hope this info helps.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
SOMAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Jerry
SOMAN's Tacoma Gallery
The OME suspension in 2" or 3" have smoother ride than the OEM?
I had very good experience with the OME 2.5 suspension of my Jeep Rubicon, the ride was more comfortable and less bumpy.
I'm going to use my Tacoma 4x4 as a daily vehicle, with some occasional family camping ride and so far, I feel it a little bumpy on the terrible street of my city, so if I can give to it a nicer look and less bumpy driving... Is like kill two birds with one shot!!